Zelda hacks for the NES

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, May 27, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Another interesting thing, while we're on the subject of Emulation.

Zelda hacks

Basically, the first one on that list was done by this guy that spent a whole fucking year completely redesigning the old NES Zelda game. He's created a whole new overworld, 18 brand-new dungeons, new characters, music, locations, text, re-vamped enemies, elements from later Zelda games (Goron shopkeepers with 'rock-bottom prices' for fans of the N64 game, etc.)... This guy put a whole lot of fucking time into this, and it really shows. I started playing this last night, and even I was impressed. When you download the hack itself, it's a zip file with the author's instruction manual, weblinks to maps/tips/tricks, etc. I've got two copies of Zelda for the NES, and when I get a ROM burner for my arcade cabs, I plan to hack one of the actual carts so I can play this game on my NES.

To play this, you'll need an NES emulator for your PC (or, the Dreamcast one from my other thread), you can find PC emus for the NES here. You'll also need a copy of the original Zelda ROM, which the hack will 'edit' automatically. You can find the ROM on that last link, too. I'd recommend hacking a copy of the zelda.nes ROM in case you ever want to play the original game again.

Well worth checking out, IMHO.

2. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

god friar i bet youd make a great drinking buddy.

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tommy710:
    god friar i bet youd make a great drinking buddy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut up you fucking pussy