YouTube HD Camera Trick Challenge

Discussion in 'Random Media' started by leelondon, Apr 24, 2009.

1. leelondon

leelondon New Member

I'm working with Samsung who have created this video which was shot in one take, with no post production or special effects of any kind. The challenge is to figure out how it was done
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX8iVo5vc8o

2. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

the girls socks go from blue to black, and the motion is off. not a trick, just someone filming someone acting like they are a mirror image

3. leelondon

leelondon New Member

I hadn't noticed the socks...

4. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

also around the end when he says "that might help" and starts to put the camera down, look at the feet position of the person in the fake mirror and the position of the feet of the camera holder... hmmm.

5. leelondon

leelondon New Member

You're all over this BIGMAMA

6. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

you cant sneak nuffin passed BIGMAMA. She knows all... ( except for math, taxes, geography, spelling, proper english, parenting, technology, and history)

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The girlfriend is mean like me. That doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I kinda hated her until the end.

8. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I was really hating the ugly lamp/lamps ... and the fact he said "trousers" ... I hate that word.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The still picture where the video starts seems to be from the perspective of the real camera standing inside the doorway made to look like a mirror.

The fact that they leaned the paper rolls or whatever it was againsr the mirror was to help make the illusion. Otherwise there is no logical reason for their placement.

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Look real close at the plant that is supposed to be reflected. It is not identical and the shadows are not perfect I think. To contrived I cannot put my finger on it specifically but yes it is a well done illusion.

11. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Paint the camera with chroma-green or blue?

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I guess you could put your two cent in at YouTube.

Never thought about using a color filter but then you would not see the part of his hand behind the camera right? Also the wall in the house is a sort of mossy green. I have no idea about this sort of hobby or what ever but I would think other colors in the same primary group would be partially effected?

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

What can I say? The bitch swallowed.

Is there any further explanation needed? :rolleyes: