Youth Beware

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Nauseous, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I found something at work the other day and I think it may have been left out for me to see on purpose. It was one of those stupid fucking religious pamphlets. What a fucking waste of good trees!

Here's some excerpts:

How about that cigarette you lit when you were out of your mother's sight? (Who knew?) God never intended you to defile your body with such a poisonous weed and if indulged in, it will make a wreck of you, physically, morally. and spiritually. (He didn't!?!) The poison in tobacco has been tested and found harmful to any human and has been known to kill animals that were used in testing. It is very hard on the nerves, heart, throat, lungs, dulls the intellect and finally makes you unfit for a place in Heaven! (Oh shit! Oops, I mean shoot!) Now, are you going to let a little 3-inch cigarette be your master,(hell yeah) or will you please ask Jesus to save you and take away the desire for them? (hell no) You may not be able to quit on your own strength, for HE says: 'Without me ye can do nothing.' (Well fuck, Jesus can have my job and make my car payments then)

Young lady, that "make up" you use, lip stick, etc. is very disgusting to your Heavenly Father as He wants you to look exactly the way He intended you to and no one can improve on what He does. (Not even Estee Lauder?) The idea first became on women of low morals and should not be imitated by young ladies of today, as it lowers you in God's estimation and hinders you spiritually. (And I thought that a tube of lipstick was harmless?!?) Soap and water will keep you looking your best. (Notice that they didn't mention deodorant)

Those glaring lights of the movie tempting you to come inside and many times, devilish, sensual pictures are flashed on the screen for you to look at and Satan (Stephen Speilberg) uses all these things to lower your character and draw you away fron God, thereby preventing you from becoming a Christian and amounting to something worthwhile for God and the community in which you live. (That was sone long-winded shit! And I thought I was the run-on sentence queen!

Anyway, this E. Olive Blake person is a piece of shit and here is the address to order free copies that you can "prayerfully" use:
    Old Paths Tract Society, Inc.
    Shoals, IN 47581

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I remember the daze of my misspent youth, and how I'd find those damn pamphlets all over the place, most notably, the urinals in the men's room. It's as if they meant for them to be toilet-cloggers in the first place!

Now, whenever I'd find one in a 'cleaner' place than on top of a toilet, I'd find something creative to do with it... One time I found a whole stack of 'em and hid them randomly in my least favorite teacher's desk. (Now that I think of it, that would've been a good place for the piss-soaked ones)

One thing I loved about those books was the artwork. You could really make a good cassette tape sleeve out of a few purgatory scenes, devils, and car crashes.

Oh, the memories...

3. kitana

kitana New Member

was that from a christian or mormon book? shit, sounds scary

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

My friend and I used to find them at the laundromat. We'd stand on the washers and shout like preachers reading them. (I was 16, what else was there to do?) Knowing that I could have fun with them, and fearing further corruption to the laundromat-goers, I stole them all. I had them for years, planning, forgetting, planning, until finally I threw them away. I never thought of making a tape sleeve out of them. What a great idea! This particular piece of religious literature above didn't have any artwork.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 666kitana999:
    was that from a christian or mormon book? shit, sounds scary<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christian. (You gotta hate 'em)

6. kitana

kitana New Member

christian! shit, when dissing makeup, its usually mormon or that other one...

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    I never thought of making a tape sleeve out of them. What a great idea! This particular piece of religious literature above didn't have any artwork.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found good use for those, too... I've still got a tape case with an all black cover, except for the white letters:

"It's not your
    mind or soul I'm
    worried about..."

There was a fourth line that I cut off, and I'll be damned if I can remember what it said...

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Can you remember what tape is inside?

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's one of two things, either "Testament - Souls of Black" or one of the mixes I made from CD's...

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Testament... I used to like them a lot. I don't listen to them anymore. I used to love that song "Return to Serenity".

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I haven't heard them in ages... Don't think I ever managed to get any CD's of 'em, and just like DVD's and VHS - the moment I got a CD player, I tended to ignore my tapes all of a sudden...

I'll look for that song when I get my good computer up again... See if it triggers any mammaries...