Xbox360 with HDDVD HD

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Dwaine Scum, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I got one today, anyone else got one?

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Can't say that I have - but if it's any consolation, I played a 360 for the first time a week or so ago. Some FPS shooter, forget the name. I'll probably pick one up eventually...

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Gears of war is out for the 360, it's great lomo.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

That's the game... I forgot the name. It seemed pretty badass, and my friend's going to bring his 360 over sometime so we can play it in HD and surround sound...

5. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I'm not going to bother getting it. It's only to play movies so. If they release a model with it built in I might then.

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I just traded up, it cost my old xbox, my used xbox 360, two games, and $4o. The tossed in full metal Jacket HD, and gears of war.

7. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

That sounds like a good deal. Is there a discernable difference in the HD DVD or do you have to have 1080i to fully exploit its power?

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

well the nicest difference, you get the full cenamatic scope of the film, not the 16:9 ratio, it's umm 80mm(?) fills the screen, and as clear as film. I have it on a 27 inch LCD, i'm sure it's grander on a 40 inch plasma. Speaking of which, Sony released their 70 inch plasma at CES last week. Cost, $30,000+

9. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

OK, so I could sell my house and get the 70" plasma. I'd need to get a double-wide to fit the TV in and may still need to make some other adjustments. After the child support payments (my wife will surely leave me) I may still have enough left over for the occasional DVD. I could take in a few boarders. I dunno if I can make it work but I'm thinking about it.

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think you would have to put some kind of counter weight in place to keep the trailer from tipping over. The best part of my 42" LCD HD, w/HDMI 1080i, is that my wife wanted it too, but she wanted to get a 37", I wanted the 50", of course the 50" would have made my fireplace look like a crack pipe.......

Im using the component cables now, but I just upgraded the digital DVR box so that it has the HDMI connector too, so I will get that cable by the sup' bowl.....

11. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Of course, you have the surround sound system, yes?

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, that was my only bad part. She wanted the bose, which kicked a lot of ass. but I was kind of shy on spending that much money on it. So we bought a little 300.00 Sony set, with a DVD\MP3\CDRW player deal. I told her since we were going to sell this place in 18 months, that we would upgrade the sound system once I put the cabling in place.

13. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I got a $300 Yahama system that rocks. It's all about the woofer. When the bass kicks in, it's on!

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The Sony sounds good, 5.1, with a powered sub. The Bose system was just unbelieveble, but was twice as expensive for the cheap setup...LOL.

I just dont want to do the leg work to do it right, not in this house. It's gonna suck when we show it with the TV over the mantle and then tell the people, uh its' coming with us, or they can bump up the price. I could go for that....LOL.