Xbox emulator

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Dwaine Scum, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Nice... wonder how well it'll work on my computer... it's only 67mhz faster than the Xbox itself.

I knew I should've picked up that copy of Jet Set Radio Future when I saw it for 20 bucks.

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Fucking sweet... now THAT's something I'm going to look into... I've got 4 PoS2 games and no system to play them on yet...

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Can't seem to download the PS2 emu... keep getting a "Server has internal error" message... I'll try again in a day or so.

Shit, their FTP site seems as reliable as my original Playstations...

6. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friar Bitchicus Slapiticus:
    Can't seem to download the PS2 emu... keep getting a "Server has internal error" message... I'll try again in a day or so.

Shit, their FTP site seems as reliable as my original Playstations...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It worked for me. But anyways, I was gonna ask a question. I've got a PS2 but it hasn't worked in a few months. It's no longer under warranty, so I can't take it in to get it fixed (for free). I haven't taken it apart yet, but if that's what I have to do, then so be it. Everytime I try to play something on it, it doesn't read the disc. I'm sure it could probably be several different things that cause this but I was hopin' maybe you (or anyone else) could point me in the right direction.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Chances are, the problem lies in the PS2's ability to 'grasp' CD-ROM discs, since they're slightly thinner than a DVD-ROM disc. It has to do with the magnets inside of the drive door that hold the CD while it's spinning. The cheapest solution is to take some regular scotch tape, and affix it to the *label* side of the CD games, right next to the hole in the center of the disc. Don't cover the hole, either. Use two pieces of tape, and when you're done, it should look kinda like this:

|o|

This makes the disc thicker, and easier for the PS2 to 'grab'... I know it ain't purdy, but it's a quick fix.

LMK if that fixes it...

8. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

While we're on the subject of fixing shit.How can I clean my Nintendo(the first one)? I have one of those cartridge looking cleaners but that little bastard doesn't work for shit.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Chances are, it's not so much that the contacts inside are "dirty" - it's the connector itself that needs to be replaced.

This is the culprit. The 72-pin connector that the cartridges plug into. Basically, since you have to 'pop' the cartridges down into the system before you power it up, it strains and bends the pins on the connector, and eventually they just don't make contact anymore. Get yourself a new one of those, take about ten minutes to install it, and you're in business.

You can find them on ebay all the time, but I bought mine from MCM Electronics, they also sell those 'security bits' that let you get into Nintendo and Sega games (Y'kno, the 'funny' screws that are hard to take out)...

The pin connector was $8, and the bits were both under $4 each. Shipping was a little higher than I'd expected, though - I didn't expect them to rush it 'two day FedEx' to me, not like it was an emergency or something... (shipping came to almost $8 )

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

BTW: If that's all you're going to order (Just the connector), might as well go through ebay for $8.99 or so and pay less shipping, it'd probably be cheaper.

And don't worry about all the fuckers claiming to have the 'new version' or 'superior' model of connector. Basically, it's just 3-4 fuckwads that all found the MCM place and bought them in bulk to sell online on ebay. They're all the same.

11. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

Oh boy,this is gonna be a pain in the ass..

12. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Trust me, it's easy as shit to do. All you need is a Philips screwdriver. No soldiering involved...

Basically, take out the six screws on the bottom of the NES, remove the cover, then take out all the screws that hold the metal 'shield' off, then take out the rest of the screws that hold the board to the bottom of the unit. After that, you just slip off the old connector and stick the new one where it was. Then just put it back together - easy as pie.

Trust me, your fucking system will work like it did the first day you took it out of the box.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

BTW: Figured out how to download that PoS2 emu... fucking jews don't let you use shit like 'download accelerator' on your downloads...

14. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friar Bitchicus Slapiticus:
    Chances are, the problem lies in the PS2's ability to 'grasp' CD-ROM discs, since they're slightly thinner than a DVD-ROM disc. It has to do with the magnets inside of the drive door that hold the CD while it's spinning. The cheapest solution is to take some regular scotch tape, and affix it to the *label* side of the CD games, right next to the hole in the center of the disc. Don't cover the hole, either. Use two pieces of tape, and when you're done, it should look kinda like this:

|o|

This makes the disc thicker, and easier for the PS2 to 'grab'... I know it ain't purdy, but it's a quick fix.

LMK if that fixes it...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT THE FUCK!!! I tried what you told me and the fuckin' thing started a small electrical fire. I'm currently pouring beer on the motherfucker to put it out. Thanks for nothing, Lomo. I put myself out there like that and you use me in some childish prank...GODDAMN YOU, LILITH!!!
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Actually it worked like a charm. I can now return to wasted hours of Devil May Cry...grassy ass, seen-your Lomo.

15. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

Now I can go buy GTA 3 and have something to play it on...happy, happy, joy, joy.

16. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You can thank me later... just don't use your teeth this time, ok?

17. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

just don't use your teeth this time, ok? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's weird, I was just tellin' yo momma da same thing.

18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Damn dude... she said you liked it last time... said you fit right in between her two front teeth...

Also, you might try playing GTA3 first without the tape trick, as it's a DVD-ROM disc, and thicker than the CD's...

Oh, and never stand your PS2 on it's side. Sony will never admit it, but it scratches CD's when it's played like that. Also doesn't work as well. Fuck Sony.

19. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

Damn dude... she said you liked it last time... said you fit right in between her two front teeth...

Also, you might try playing GTA3 first without the tape trick, as it's a DVD-ROM disc, and thicker than the CD's...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd take that first comment as an insult if I didn't know for a fact that the only two teeth she has left are her back molars, but if she wants to call em her front teeth...

And I'm not so sure that my PS2 even plays DVD's very well to start with. I remember the last time I tried it started skippin' around and shit. I've never stood it up on it's side though. Someone else told me the same thing about fuckin up cd's when ya do that.

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FredVegas:
    I'd take that first comment as an insult if I didn't know for a fact that the only two teeth she has left are her back molars, but if she wants to call em her front teeth...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo... whadjoo say about my momma?