X60 #3 is going back to the shop

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tuanbuffalo, Mar 16, 2018.

1. tuanbuffalo

tuanbuffalo New Member

My 360 has actully begun to damage my discs. Have any of you heard of such a thing? After about an hour or so of play, the console kicks the disc out as unreadable and it has a circular scratch all the way around it. It had done this before but I really couldn't prove the discs weren't already scratched until it botched my brand-new Guitar Hero III. That game went from box to console and never came out until it failed. When I took it out, it had the circular scratch.

Microsuck wanted me to pay $99 for the repair since it didn't die with the "red ring of death." Apparently, that's what the new 3-year warranty covers. So I asked, "Since my console didn't die in the right way and is now physically damaging my discs, you want me to pay $99 on top of the $180 in damaged software it has already cost me?" One supervisor later, I got them to waive the charges.

360 #1 died from the red rings. The 1st refurb I got had the NIC go out on it. Refurb #2 is killing my discs. I told them they had yet to send me a sufficient replacement for the first console which did, in fact, die properly.

Ughh! I have a friend with a spare he uses when one goes tits up. I may borrow one from him so I can still rock out.