X360 hardware failure

Discussion in 'Technology' started by MAJ Havoc, Oct 17, 2006.

1. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

My 360 died a few days ago. 4 months old and rarely played, it already suffered hardware failure. Two friends of mine have experienced similar failures (one of them twice). Has anyone else heard of these sorts of defects? Is Microsuck shipping sub-standard product to try to wrestle the lead from Sony? My PS2 spent 10 months in a tent in Kuwait, survived the ship ride home in a footlocker, has fallen off from a shelf (a foot high) and has been subjected to a 5-year old child's operation with no signs of slowing. My 360 sits on a shelf, out of reach of my kids and has died in place. :evil:

2. chester grape

chester grape New Member

It's probably just seized up with dust from non-use.

Try plugging it into the wall and turning it on, then slowly pouring a pint of water through the back of it.

Let us know how you go.

3. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Well the fine folks at Microsuck are going to fix my X360 for only $139. I've had it for less than 90 days but it was purchased in June (a gift from my wife.) Since she secured it long before giving it to me (Father's Day) it is no longer under 90 day warranty. A friend of mine has been through this twice already. Grim, I recommend the extended warranty.

4. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

you don't have an automatic 1 year warranty with electrical goods?

5. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

actually.. it's ususally the shops here that give a 1 year warranty.. i don't know if it's enshrined in law.. but what is law is that you take stuff back to the shop you got it and they get it fixed/exchanged for you.

6. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Anything over 90 days is a policy that the vendor can offer for a price. I'm not sure about that anything electric in a year law. Could be.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's just not like the good ol' days, is it?

I remember when I bought a used Gameboy (the original one, back when they were new) from a friend that had dropped it into a river. Poor bastard went to the bottom and scooped it up, took it home, cleaned it up, and when it was all said and done, a few of the vertical lines in the unit didn't work. I bought that thing from him, took it to Wal-Mart, and exchanged it for a brand new one.

Now, they've got serial numbers that scan into the register, etc. If only Sam Walton were still alive...

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I hVENT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY 360, BUT YOU SHOULD start a blog, and get people to sign on, I assure you, when 10,000 people sign on, and it gets on CNBC they will graciously send you a brand new 360