Windows ME is a piece of crap

Discussion in 'Technology' started by smurfslappa, Jun 28, 2006.

1. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

I've already known this for a while, and I blame myself for not getting an update sooner but I never really trusted those copies of windows I'd find on Morpheus. Right now I can't install anything because it says I don't have administrator access. How can this be if I've never set up any accounts? Anybody know where I can find a good clean copy of a newer version? Or at least an idea about why the hell my computer won't let me install anything.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Your running windows ME. Thats hilarious. Thats why you are so supsicous of everything. I would shoot you a good copy of XP pro, but the end is near so whats the point?

However if your HP/Compaq came with ME, then you might be better off with Win98, which I have too. If you have a decent machine, that has some pretty generic hardware, 3COM NIC, soundblaster soundcard, ATI video you may be able to run fedora core ok.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Hold down F8 while you boot up, pick 'safe mode' and go into the admin account (if it's not disabled) - from there, you can set up, change, and delete passwords...

(Never tried it in ME, though - I only ran that POS for 2 days when it came out)