William Shatner Roast

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MAJ Havoc, Aug 21, 2006.

1. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I just watched (most of) the Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner. There's a lot of funny stuff there but Farrah Fawcett is such a freaking train wreck, it was uncomfortable to watch. I actually had to turn away. I know I shouldn't care but it was bad. Some of the other comedians, though, were great. I don't know if I would have the testicular fortitude to stand and take that kind of abuse on TV. That's why I take it here. Every day is a roast on Fugly.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Have you seen the foxworthy roast? It was hilarious from beginning to end. But yea, I could see getting pissed after a couple hours of everybody bashing on you.....but all in good fun.

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Shatner is such an incredible narcissist, he actually likes the roast. Say some thing good, say something bad, as long as it's ALL ABOUT ME, ME, ME.

Spock, have you lost your vulcan mind?

4. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

I fucking knew you'd love Foxworthy. I bet you like to git er dun, too Phatboy.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Fuck you bungle, you dildo with ears, the foxworthy roast was hilarious, You are a punk.

I havent seen the shatner one however so I cant say it was better or not.

6. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

You might be a redneck if....

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I live in GA, drive a 4 wheel drive, go camping and fishing. So yea, I find some of his stuff funny. I also watch Def Comedy Jam(well used to, and its coming back), so I guess that makes me a black redneck.

I will add that my favorite HBO comedy show right now, is Lucky Louie, its only a half hour, but very funny. Worth watching, even if 'down under' or across the pond.

8. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

I have gone fishing, camping, and been in a 4 wheel 'merican drive, and yet I don't find him funny, mostly due to the fact I'm not southern, and Jeff Foxworthy to me is not funny in the least. But I wouldn't expect you to find Billy Connelly or Lee Owens funny, due to the fact you can't relate to their humor, as I can't relate to Jeff Foxworthy.

Never seen Def Comedy Jam, but I enjoy Chris Rock, Bill Cosby, Dave Chappelle (Saw Bill live a couple of years ago, brilliant!) and whole slew of other comedians of the genre, as they are genuinely funny and pushed the envelope of what acceptable humor can be.

How does watching Def Comedy Jam make you a black redneck?

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

well if liking foxworthy, Larry the cable guy, and ron white, make me a redneck, then liking D.L. Hughley, Chris Tucker, Samoan, Cedric 'the entertainer', (all black comedians) then I must also be black, using the logic provided above.

Def Comedy jam is almost all black comedians, I have seen a couple of light skinned comedians on there, but not sure if they were white, or just mixed......

10. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Let me see if I understand your logic here Phatboy

Phatboy Wrote
    well if liking foxworthy, Larry the cable guy, and ron white, make me a redneck....

Well, if humor aimed at Southern white males, with the catch line "You might be a redneck if" and your ability to relate to that humor of the redneck variety, then one would have to conclude that, indeed to enjoy redneck humour, would indeed have to be a redneck and/or posses redneck qualities.

Phatboy Wrote
    Def Comedy jam is almost all black comedians, I have seen a couple of light skinned comedians on there, but not sure if they were white, or just mixed......

If you were black you would know.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think you have actually over analyzed the whole situation. I think its funny cause I see those people all the time. Not that I, persay, am one. I dont have any 'coon dogs' or shotguns. All the cars I own run. My house doesnt have wheels on it. I dont relate cause I am one, I relate cause I know some.....

but this is getting totally of topic and should be squashed.

I will have to check out the Shatner roast, but I think old Bill is a few sammiches short of a picnic. However if you get a chance, the foxworthy roast is worth watching for its entertainment value. Even if you arent a redneck, cause the ones doing the roast arent all rednecks, unless one is a jewish redneck, which could be possible. . . .

12. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I agree that you do have to relate to the "redneck" schtick to "get it." The 'necks of whom Foxworthy speaks really do exist down here. Perhaps for the same reasons, I don't laugh out loud at "Fawlty Towers" re-runs and didn't quite "get" the Chopper spoofs I saw on YouTube (I gave them a shot since Checkmate seemed so enamored with them.) I don't consider myself a redneck but I suppose I have redneck qualities inherent in my southern upbringing. Hence, I do find the Redneck comedians (Larry the cable guy, Foxworthy, White, et al) humorous. But, cracker that I am, I love Dave Chapelle, too.

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im rich bitch!!!!!!!!!

14. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

This roast was funny as hell. I can't wait til they play it on the stash. I will get the DVD of this. Just for George getting up their and ripping him a new one hands down the best roast.

15. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Yeah, I was surprised how "blue" George and Betty White were. They were actually pretty funny. Jeffery Ross was a bit disappointing since I've seen him rip Jerry Stiller and Rob Reiner so well in the past.