Wii Zapper

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Fernando, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Fernando

Fernando Member

Well i sure makes things feel like a light gun game.

2. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I thoght the zapper was a retard Idea. So do you call th Wii a nextgen console?

3. Fernando

Fernando Member

The zapper actually steadies your aim much better. It also feels like a tommy gun, which is just awesome.

No, the Wii in my eyes is not a next gen console. It's kind of in it's own league like thw DS.

4. JEFE

JEFE New Member

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

What the fuck is that shit?

Is this bitch trying to sue Nintendo?

That's almost as bad as these sloths involved in the whole "Phen-Fen" ordeal... All these lazy bastards looking to make a buck off the lawsuit because they decided to take a dual dose of amphetamines to curb their appetite. So, what do they do? Take the shit, then wonder why they have palpitations and heart attacks when they're taking two doses of amphetamines while sitting their asses down on the couch and eating a pizza. Fucking ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but if you happen to break your knee while playing a video game that only requires you to wave your arm both hither and fro, you've got some fucking issues. Cry me a fucking river, and pay that medical debt off for the next twenty years. Assuming medicaid (and my tax dollars) aren't already covering it, of course.

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Lomo, remove the HTML from your Sig, secondly, finally, a fanboy who isnt screaming the Will is nextgen, it isn't. I won;t get my reatdii back until after christmas, but the homo home schooled Christian kids down the street want to buy the Wii

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

If I remove the html from the sig it tells me that I have exceeded some limit (the one image per sig restraint) - If I do nothing, it still allows me to have virtually the same signature as I used to have, plus that extra visible code. The way things go around here, I figure I'll just leave the shit as it is and let time heal all wounds. If the problem doesn't right itself in, say, a few months (like the signature image problem itself), I'll probably change it.

Don't know who you were directing the 'nextgen' comment to (Fernando?) - I know that the Wii is just a slightly updated (and slimmed-down) version of the GameCube, but I can appreciate their different approach on how to compete in the 'next gen' competition. It works, plain and simple. Maybe being a 'casual gamer' (as I've tended to be in recent years), I don't notice the inadequacies the console has when compared to the other systems, but the fact remains that it's developed a strong consumer base, and this is a great anchor for planning on which console to bank on.

Maybe the spark will fizzle out in a year or so, I don't know, but for right now, Nintendo is drawing a huge customer base from people that wouldn't ordinarily purchase video game consoles. Of course, this gives them a greater share of the consumer market, and that's where we're at right now.

It was the same scenario in 1985, when Nintendo tried (successfully) to enter a consumer market that was still burnt from Atari's failure to keep customers happy - it's argued that the E.T. game itself was solely responsible for the great video game crash of '83, but that's up for debate...

At any rate, as you're probably well aware of, Nintendo marketed their NES system as a 'toy' rather than a 'video game' - because retailers were still feeling bitter about having all of those unsold Atari systems on their shelves. So, Nintendo packaged a robot with the system way back in '85, passed the NES off as a 'toy' - and ended up selling enough units to completely abandon the whole "ROB" robot in the first year. By that point, Super Mario Bros. had become such a selling point that they didn't need any gimmicks.

I just foresee the same thing happening with the Wii, and from my experience with both it and the 360, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens. They've got a strong following now, and apparently they've outsold the other consoles, so obviously the third parties are going to jump on the bandwagon.

8. Disorder

Disorder New Member

I think the idea of the Wii was to make it a bit more sociable and fun in a different way.

I don't really go for any consoles anymore.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

...bought a Wii Zapper today, just got to try it...

I like the damn thing. And it's funny, because I was at a game shop, when I caught sight of a third-party 'zapper' selling for $24, and I happened to notice at Wal-Mart, half an hour later, that Nintendo had one of these for sale with a game included. It was so new that they didn't have a tag for it yet, so I asked this girl how much it was. I was expecting something higher, but she told me $20, and I said why not?

I just played through a couple rounds on it, and I don't regret the purchase. I wasn't expecting the game to make use of the control stick on the nunchaku, but it does. It's also very convenient that you can turn the system on and choose which controller to activate as 'player 1' - not that this is anything the other consoles don't already have, but in this case, it seems to work out nicely, as you have to attach both a Wiimote and a nunchaku to this unit before you can use it. This way, I don't have to remove the thing from it's holder to play another game.

Only thing that pisses me off is that I had to take the 'skin' off the fourth Wiimote and corresponding nunchaku...