Wii vs Playstation vs Xbox

Discussion in 'Games' started by JEFE, Apr 10, 2008.

1. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Which one is the best? If a guy who hasn't owned a game console since his Atari 2600 asked that someone recommend one system over the others, which would it be and why?

2. Fernando

Fernando Member

Honest the god it depends on what you like.

Xbox for FPS (even though anyone can tell you Medal of Honor Heroes 2 has the best fps controls on the market) and hack and slash
    Wii for party games with huge single player hits like metroid zelda and mario galaxy
    PS3 for...Metal Gear Solid 4? Oh wait no, that's coming to xbox...Final Fantasy XIII? If that comes to PS3 then yeah.

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

Just buy all 3. I have them, on a breakdown of usage, I use the Wii about 10%. Then I use the PS3 about 30%, then I play the 360 about 60%. The PS3 has the bluray and Divx plug ins, along with WiFI built in. If you want one console jeff, if you watch a ton of movies, look into the playstation. If you want to play games, and play against your friends, get a 360. If you want a toy to lure pre-teen kids to your house, get a Wii.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That's funny. The Wii gives me that impression too.

I'd vote for the 360.

5. Disorder

Disorder New Member

I'd like to get a wii, but only because it offers something I cant already get with a PC (more interaction with games/ exercise/ pre-teens)

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I don't own a PS3 (I'll eventually buy one, but with their shitty reputation for putting out products that conveniently fail one day after the warranty runs out, I've been in no rush to get one.) Plus, there's just no "must have" games on that system that aren't available on any rival platforms.

I'll agree with what's been said so far though, at least with the 360 and the Wii. The 360 is geared towards the more hardcore gamer that is used to FPS games, etc., and has an excellent online service available ($50/year, though) - Fully expect to have your ass handed to you within minutes if you go that route and join a game as a 'novice' player. There's people out there that seem to eat, drink, sleep, and live by Xbox Live. And they'll show it.

But then again, my Ex's teenage daughter found her hopeful soulmate through the whole 'chat' feature on the system. Think: "match.com" without the fees?

As far as the Wii is concerned, I play it the most. Manhunt 2 is fucking insane, and Mario Galaxy is beyond words. The only trouble I have with the Wii is that as soon as I turn it on, I tend to go to the 'news channel' or any of the other options 'shop, internet, etc.' channels - and I end up spending so much time on them, that I never actually even get to the game.

It's just fun, that's all.

Pick the one that suits your needs. I still think the PS3 is overpriced, too. I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered the price in the near future, as they're currently #3 in the sales running...

7. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you can get a PS3 cheaper than a Xbox now

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

New? Where?

Last I saw, the "Arcade" bundle they sell (the old "core" version, without the HDD, and some arcade games thrown in) is $279...

Cheapest PS3 I've seen (without that coupon deal you used) was still $400...

9. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

everyone gets a harddrive. the arcade bundle is a joke. Every person I know who buys that, goes back to gamestop 30 minutes after using it to get a harddrive. I saw a PS3 bundle for $379

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

But still, aside from being able to play Blu-Ray discs, I see no actual draw to buy a PS3...

There's absolutely nothing exclusively available on the system that would make me want one...

11. nolo451

nolo451 New Member

I gave my Wii to my little sister and Im going to pay for half of a PS3 for my brother back home. Ill play it when I visit him and stuff. He has a projector, I want to play something on the PS3 at his house with it,

12. Cliquework

Cliquework New Member

Personal preference

13. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

My wife bought the Wii for playing zelda, which is a great game on that console. I like it for boxing and fishing games etc. Personally, I would rather have a PS3, but I use my 'puter to play graphics intensive games on.

14. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I had a broken ankle, and I got the Wii on Wii day, standing in line for 13 hours. I got Zelda, it was awesome. Then I may play the wii for 2 or 3 hours a month afterwards. Mario Galaxy was great, Super Smash sucked. No More Heros was hyped, but then I played it and was like what a pile of dog shit. I used to be hardcore computer gamer, but fuck, you have to pay $300 for a vidcard, and they are SLI now, so you gotta get two, thn 6 months later, you gotta buy NEW ones. So I am like fuck PC gaming, because blu-ray and 360 graphics are as good, if not rendering better than PC games. but its find a series you like, and stick to it. Do a little research, Like GTA IV, I got it on the 360 because of the downloadable content. Microsuck paid 50 big ones to have Downloadable content exclusively. SO there will constantly be new missions, and races, and all kinds of goodies. I suspect it will stay fresh until christmas.

Anyway, you guys can add me to whatever console, and we can rage.

15. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii. I don't know if I will buy a Playstation 3 until end of the year. I highly recommend both the Xbox 360 and the Wii for a first console.

I think my boyfriend wants a PS3 sooner, but he already has a PS2. If he wants it now, he can pay for it himself. I told him I'd get it for him for Christmas this year.

16. Fugly

Fugly Administrator Staff Member Fugly Staff

This is good stuff. I REALLY want to play GTA IV but I can't decide which console to buy. The last one I had was an Atari 2600.

What do you think? The Sony or the Xbox?

17. Fernando

Fernando Member

Box

18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Definitely.

19. havegunwilltravel

havegunwilltravel New Member

I have a Playstation and a Wii. While I love the HD video on Playstation, I play the Wii 90% of the time because I find the games more enjoyable. Zelda, Metroid... I can even get the wife to join me for Wii Play or Wii Sports. No more nagging about 'Turn off that stupid game'

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

All very valid points... If you're playing with that handicap. ;)

Even without said handicap, I'd still prefer it to the PS3. Especially if you entertain. Bring people over to your house, and it's much easier to get everyone involved on just about anything on the Wii.

Just make sure you have enough floorspace to accommodate a crowd.

*As an added note, I currently have two extra Wii consoles, new in the box, originally purchased for friends that couldn't find them for sale... I found a store that had 'em, and I bought two of them, and when I talked to these two people, they couldn't cough up the dough. So, now, I've got two unopened Wii consoles, and I'll offer 'em (at cost, plus shipping) to the Fugly community before I put 'em up on eBay.

PM me if you're interested. Standard system package - Wii, Wii-mote (with jacket), Nunchaku, and Wii Sports (5 mini-games on one disc.) Completely unopened, with receipts. Can also include "Wii Play" disc for $20 more.