Why I like the new "Planet of the Apes" movie.

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's a clever paradigm of life itself. Anyone with half a clue and watches the whole thing can't help but realize the parallels between the newly formed "ape society" and modern Christianity. The whole film is a well-funded shot at modern religion, and I applaud it. Fuck the critics.

I won't ruin the whole movie for those that haven't seen it, suffice it to say - if you haven't watched it, give it a day in court.

2. Disorder

Disorder New Member

i heard it was shit, perhaps i'll see it one day although i still like the original. is it any better?
    (apart from being modern, high budget and full of CGI)

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Well, to be quite honest, I haven't seen the original in so long, I can't say if it's any better. I saw it on my folk's cable channel then bought the DVD for < $10. My main qualm (which was immediately replaced by joy) with it was that it mocked modern religion so bad; I thought it'd make modern Jesus-freaks reconsider their faith.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~pimpchichi~:
    i thought it wasn't all that.... the monkey-people weren't convincing enough.. just looked like people in monkey suits who'd shit their pants... y'know.. like people acting as apes rather than apes acting as people....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, they've got that whole Affirmative Action shit even in Hollywood... They couldn't just hire niggers, y'kno.

5. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

i thought it wasn't all that.... the monkey-people weren't convincing enough.. just looked like people in monkey suits who'd shit their pants... y'know.. like people acting as apes rather than apes acting as people....

i think they should have got the guys who did the pg tips adverts to produce it.. at least i'd have watched it a second time for the novelty value