Why don't they do this anymore?

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Nauseous, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ah...NM I just clicked the link "War Games" was the movie. Crystal Mountain was something else. But in the movie he was War Dialing...... kinda that was the bs part.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_dialing

The name for this technique originated in the 1983 film WarGames. In the film, the protagonist programed his computer to dial every telephone number in Sunnyvale, California to find other computer systems. 'WarGames Dialer' programs became common on bulletin board systems of the time, with file names often truncated to wardial.exe and the like due to length restrictions on such systems. Eventually, the etymology of the name fell behind as "war dialing" gained its own currency within computing culture.[1]

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

WarGames.

He had the original 'modem' that was made for the old rotary phones, that was the bomb.

The server was WOPR.
    ah what was the password, it was that steven hawking dudes sons name, I think it was Daniel.

I used to love that movie. I havent seen it in a while, maybe I will put it in the queue.

He had to teach it tic tac toe, made it play itself and then it learned there was no 'winner' in a nuclear war.

That movie kicked ass at the height of the cold war.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I wish I could think of a good automated voice saying. I like doing automated voices, they make people laugh. I like doing the ones where you fill in the person's name and it sounds horrible and misprounounced.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Fuck yeah!

I have a drop-down 16x9 screen installed where my sun visors used to be, and an LCD projector sitting right between the rear headrests in my ride. Head unit supplies 1080P to the projector and 5.1 audio to the amps, and I just roll down the road watching movies...

It's fucking great - every driver should have one! :biggrin:

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

So you ride around watching 'Riding Ms. Daisy' in 1080p with surround sound?

"I dont know Ms. Daizy, I'm makin' sumthin, but it sho' aint watah"

:)

No wonder you need to borrow my 'doo panel'......