Who has quit smoking?

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Nauseous, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

How did you do it?

2. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

I gave up a 17 months ago.Chest pains and fear of dieing made me give up.It was easier that i expected, i smoked for 17 years.
    I did try a few times before that but it was always half hearted coz i did it coz it was the "done" thing to do, it wasn't till i really really wanted to quit that i managed it.

3. Fugly

Fugly Administrator Staff Member Fugly Staff

I quit at least once a week. It's really easy when you know it only has to last a day or so.

4. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

As Mark Twain said, "Smoking is the easiest thing to quit. I have done it thousands of times."

(That is most likely misquoted, but you get the point.)

5. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

the patch and lots of chocolates.

6. NiCo

NiCo New Member

I quit sometime around the the begining if April. I chewed on fast food straws and chewing gum. Fast food straws helped the most though. Fold an end up a lil bit of the way and just chew on em. Most of all you have to WANT to quit. I had some help there though I might have cancer in my throat.

7. chester grape

chester grape New Member

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Chewing on fast food straws gives you cancer.

8. kitana

kitana New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NiCo:
    I quit sometime around the the begining if April. I chewed on fast food straws and chewing gum. Fast food straws helped the most though. Fold an end up a lil bit of the way and just chew on em. Most of all you have to WANT to quit. I had some help there though I might have cancer in my throat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

u got pics?

y did u all start in the first place?

9. NiCo

NiCo New Member

No I don't have fucking pics of my throat what the fuck is wrong with you.

10. Max Wallin

Max Wallin New Member

I like me ciggryettes, they make self not bad feel.

11. djdev

djdev New Member

Relize the advantages and disadvatnages, it makes your breath stink. their are no benfits, only a feeling of relaxtion and thats only becuase your body gets used to it and without it your body isn't as relaxed but if you quit your body will eventually learn to be relaxed with out it and you will be functioning normaly again. just relize this everytime you crave. thats how i quit. I only smoked for a few months tho. I relized smoking is like jerkin'off in the end your only fucking yourself.

12. djdev

djdev New Member

other simalerties between jerkin off and smoking.

getting weaker
    out of breath
    never totally satisifed
    you wana do it again
    feeling bad about it afterwards
    wishing you'd never started.

13. djdev

djdev New Member

simalerties between jerkin off and smoking contenued.

you always hasitate before you admit to other people that you do it.

you do it at home, at your favourite street, at a friends house, um just about everywhere. (oh wait the last one only applies to if you run fugly.com)

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Jesus, deb... get a grip.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I've quit so many fucking times, I don't even take myself seriously anymore. I don't know how many packs of cigs I have written the words, "Last pack" on... I too have worried about the repercussions of smoking. The doctor found a spot on my lung and I have yet to go for the follow-up X-ray. I hope I'm not going to be one of those people smoking through the hole in their trach tube. The shitty thing is, on a heavy day, I smoke 5 cigarettes! It should be easy for me.

16. NiCo

NiCo New Member

Its not called quitting if you start again.

Just quit. Its that easy. You let yourself think it isn't. Everything changed after I quit. The taste of food, my sense of smell. May sound like not much but it was. And now I realize how I smelled when I smoked, ugh.

17. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kitana:
    y did u all start in the first place?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the first time i ever smoked was after i missed the train to a slayer concert in manchester when i was 13... my 13th birthday in fact.. (tho on reflection i doubt i was old enough to get in.. i never checked)

missed train, ticket money burning hole in my pocket... someone suggested buyin hash.. i got a 1/16th, pack of liquorice rizlas, and 20 B&H....

the thing that annoys me most about smoking nowadays is having to cough up a lungful of shit so's i can have another smoke

18. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

19. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

ahh fucking dipshit i uploaded it to a different account

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~pimpchichi~:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

20. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I agree Nico, cigarette stench is pretty fucking digusting. I won't smoke in my apartment ('cept for when married guy comes over) because I hate the smell of it. I really only like to smoke when I'm stressed out or drunk.

I have not had a cigarette today.