What's wrong with Kelly's computer?

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Nauseous, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Scenario: Kelly hits the power button and nothing happens. (Yes, it's plugged in)

I don't fuck with the innards of computers... any ideas?

2. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

hnm, the power supply inside the box is blown?

3. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

wow.. you must have magical powers..

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Will it get costly to fix this?

5. stymie

stymie New Member

Need a bit more info nauseous. Take the side off and see if the fans are spinning. (the one above the processor and any others)

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The fans don't spin... nothing happens t'all...

7. stymie

stymie New Member

Look I am not trying to be a clever asshole here, check the fuse in the plug. If it has blown replace it and try again. Still no go then it could well be the psu (power supply unit) has gone tits up. Check the fuse first.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

[jew]And how much a new PSU set me back?[/jew]

9. TimBoaT

TimBoaT Member

but it could just be that the button has come loose from the tower.. this happens all the time since it's just like... glued on there.. which doesn't cost more than the cost of the glue/duct tape to strap the fucker back on.. just take the side off, and see check that the button of the tower still has a wire w/ a little black button looking thing glued to it.. if not.. look for the little black button looking thing w/ glue on it and stick 'er back on.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I did that initially, cause it's a Gateway and they are famous for that, but it tooks intact. I dunno. I thought it would have something to do with the power supply... I guess I'll have to take it somewhere and have it looked at. I just wanted some ideas from the folks here so I don't sound like a total dumbass when I bring it in.

11. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    [jew]And how much a new PSU set me back?[/jew]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL @ jew- i got one for about $75? look at it, then look one up at your local store or pricewatch.com and throw it in there then take your pc in. its not that hard to do.

12. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

OH FUCK.
    what i meant was, if you put a new PSU in and it still doesnt work then take it for repair. pc repair people love to rip off ignorant AOL users. for $35 an hour or whatever they are charging these days.

13. Robman97

Robman97 Member

Actually, my supervisor's comp did the same thing last week. Its a gateway and only the damn gateway ones will fit into the box, he tried to get one at a supply store but like I said it wouldn't fit. I think it cost him like $175, but its also a 99 model. Out of warranty its like $85 at Gateway just for labor

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Great... I bought a remanufactured one, and I recommend NEVER fucking doing that! I'm still paying on it.... can't/won't send it back to Gateway...

I better put on my favorite lipstick and do up my hair so I can look really good when they rape me Saturday at the tech shop.

And Rat, I'm an ignorant bluelight user. K-Mart rules! I would never use aol. The majority of the idiots I deal with everyday at work have aol accounts.

15. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

If your really tart yourself up and act like a complete bimbo you might get lucky and get some wanker who wants to act all macho and protective over you.You can get good deals that way.

16. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

oh i'm sorry! i was so sleepy when i was posting that i wasnt being clear! i didnt mean to infer that you use AOL. i know you are much brighter and resourceful than that. why dont you get sLomo to build you a pc and send it to you or something?

17. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unlimited time:
    If your really tart yourself up and act like a complete bimbo you might get lucky and get some wanker who wants to act all macho and protective over you.You can get good deals that way.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    look hot, but dont act dumb. walk in there like you know what the fuck is going on and you own. and lick your lips while you do it.

18. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ratilla the hun:
    She rules the macho men

19. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Cool, maybe I'll get laid AND get my PC fixed!

20. kitana

kitana New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    Cool, maybe I'll get laid AND get my PC fixed! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

work it!