What's with these fucking gay-ass whiney wannabe 'rock' band

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I use the term 'rock' loosely, too... I just heard one of the most annoying fucking songs on the radio, quite frankly, one that I'd forgotten about, and thankfully so. I don't know the name of the band, but I should find out for the sheer purpose of not accidentally buying any of thier music.

The name of the song is "Father of mine" - and it is, without a doubt, the lousiest, most pathetic, painfully annoying song I've heard in recent memory (Excluding, of course, the rancid fucking "Black Lace - Agadoo" song Pimp had me download... *bastard*).

It starts off slow, stays slow, and leaves you with such an empty feeling inside by the time it's over that you feel like jumping off a bridge just to end the pain. Some whining N-Suck tryout failure decided to 'sing' with a band with a basic understanding of the guitar (They know how to plug it in).

Please excuse me while I try to aim my projectile vomit somewhere other than the monitor and keyboard.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

*wipes mouth on sleeve*

Much better. I'm gonna miss that radio...

Anyways, this fucker starts crying in the song about how his daddy left him when he was only ten years old, how he used to be daddy's little golden boy (makes you wonder)...

Cry me a fucking river, why don't ya? Like I give a shit. If I was his dad and he started singing like that, not only would I disown him, I'd saw my own testicles off to make sure I'd never produce any more social outcasts like him into society. Yer daddy left when you were ten. Congratufuckinglations. You're breaking my fucking heart. Be happy he stayed with your whore mother that long... bastard.

Whatever happened to angry fucking rock? Has everyone suddenly gone soft on us? I listen to music to put me into a productive mood, not to sit idly by the radio with a fucking tissue.

3. D

D New Member

Sorry there is an even worse one out at the moment... I can't be arsed to ever hear who it is by so if anyone knows, don't bother saying coz it sucks and you shouldn't be listening to it...

It's some shit about a father who is in a dodgy hotle and he phones his family and his kids ask when he is comeing home and tells them to look around... coz he is in there hir and the wind and a whole load of other shit... ergh...

And another one that actually makes me feel physically sick at the moment is Gay-lo's new song... For some reason I can't fucking stand it... Not that i like her music regularly, I just get this sick feeling in my stomach and get really fucking angry when i hear it...

I have to put up with this shit at work all the time...

And that fucking ironic song by my gran, Cher, pisses me off... and Geri Halliwell's new one and anything by Creed and... oh fuck, aything that is played on local radio at the moment...

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Hell, for all I know, Creed just might be the one singing that song I mentioned. They always did strike me as a bunch of pussies.

I haven't heard any of the songs you've mentioned, guess I'm not missing much... Can't say that I've ever heard a "J-Lo" song, either. Don't get me wrong, I'd fuck her six ways 'till Sunday (well, maybe before MC Hammer or whoever the fuck was fucking her for a while), but I still have no idea how she sounds. I try to keep away from that genre of music.

What really has me pissed is that the 'suck' has been steadily leaking into the dark recesses of music I tend to listen to... Most of the shit on the radio is pure crap, but I heard a song tonight that gave me a glimmer of hope... The band, Flaw, the song, Payback. You can find a tracklist for that album here.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I know what song you're talking about. I think it's by Everclear. I'm sure you've heard them. They had that shitty song about being poor. Now, I can relate to being poor, but that song made me want to pull every stand of hair out of my fucking head! Remember it? "I will buy you a new house... way up in the West Hills... I will buy you a new car, perfect shiny and new..." BTW: That guy is one ugly mofo. He's, like, 40 or something and bleaches his hair blond. Ah, fuck it! I'll find a pic of him for you so you can share in my nausea.

6. Stranger

Stranger New Member

My all time hated band, besides the B52s, is Shaggy. I have to listen to the kids playing it all lunch hour. That 'Angel' song is the worst! In fact any of the crappy remixes annoy the hell out of me. 5ive pissing on Freddie's grave with the 'We Will Rock You' mix is right up there too.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Nauseous: That's one thing I'm talking about... "Everclear," the House of Pain Graduate, will put out an album that seems half-rap, half-alternative. I've copied two of his albums from a friend, but to be perfectly honest, I don't think I've even listened to them yet... I'll have to see if this song is on one of them one of these days and burn it. (that's BURN , not burn )

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Uh... Lomo, you are thinking 'Everlast'.

And Stranger, I'm not sure of the 'Angel' song. I thought that was the Toadies.

I'm waaaaay too familiar with these radio bands. Either I need to quit listening to my local, 103.1, or I need to shoot myself.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    And Stranger, I'm not sure of the 'Angel' song. I thought that was the Toadies.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops! My bad. I just re-read your post and I know exactly the song your speaking of. It's a remake of another song. I hate that goddamn song!! At least the radio station I listen to doesn't play shit that horrible. Although they do play Guns-N-Roses, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc. And that makes my life a living hell!

10. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Reverend Bitchslap:
    (Excluding, of course, the rancid fucking "Black Lace - Agadoo" song Pimp had me download... *bastard*)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you downloaded it then.... hehe... excellent...

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fucking Busy Pimp:
    so you downloaded it then.... hehe... excellent... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bastard!

12. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

Go buy the new System of a Down album and stop yer bitchin'.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenAppleSplatters:
    Go buy the new System of a Down album and stop yer bitchin'.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already have it...

14. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Reverend Bitchslap:
    Already have it... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is too!!...