What's the difference between the Politics section and the Election section?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Chrishme, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Chrishme

Chrishme New Member

During the election, Politics talks about the election, but so does the Election section. After the election, Politics goes back to regular politics, but so does the Election section.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah I ... don't ... know what you mean.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah and this guy spends most of his time playing golf. Click the one of "W" that says "Watch this drive" :biggrin:

6. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

LOL. I thought Bush was your boy. Why'd you tell us to watch that video? It makes him look like hypocrite in under 30 seconds. It was funny as hell though.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

So you could see the stark contrast between Obama who suddenly spends 3 times more time playing golf than the previous president, but looks like a moron cause he cannot play golf for shit. At least Bush can swing a club.

Bush started his day at 0500 with breakfast and a run. In the Oval office at 0700 if not 0600. Worked well into the evening also. Obama on the other hand appointed czars to oversee everything and spends his time in leisure activities. Used a teleprompter to tell him what to say anytime he speaks.

8. Aballister

Aballister New Member

The "Czars" always make me laugh. It just shows how much trust you put into the media. Little do the conservative "sheeples" remember. Bush had "Czars" and so did Nixon. The term has been kicking around for a long time but it's only recently that conservative pundits have been pushing its use. Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh don't seem to realize that the presidents they adore like Reagan and Bush also had "Czars".

Here is an interesting piece I found online

This is dated May 16, 2007

"Following the appointment of Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute as President Bush's so-called "war czar" for Iraq and Afghanistan, Andrea Seabrook and Michele Norris explore the history of the term "czar" in American politics. Apparently, the term first surfaced in reference to Second Bank of the United States president Nicholas Biddle in 1832.

MICHELE NORRIS, host:

Douglas Lute's new title, assistant to the president and deputy national security adviser for Iraq and Afghanistan policy and implementation, whew, is quite a mouthful, especially for copy editors.

ANDREA SEABROOK, host:

As often happens with the creation of a new administration post, that title was quickly morphed to the word czar.

NORRIS: It's a title with a long history in American politics. As far as we can tell, Nicholas Biddle emerged as the first U.S. czar in 1832. Czar Nicholas, as he was known, directed the second bank of the United States.

SEABROOK: And as Mr. Cordesman stated more recently, John Love became the first energy czar under President Nixon in 1973, followed in 1989 by President Reagan's drug czar, William Bennett. There's been lots of U.S. czars since then right up to food safety czar, David Atchison, who took office this month.

NORRIS: Well, it turns out that the government czars don't particularly appreciate the term.

Dr. EDWARD BLAKELY (Executive Director, National Recovery Management, New Orleans): It shouldn't be qualified. I like to call myself the teacher or the quarterback or the coach. Someone who helps direct things but doesn't…

Mr. RICHARD CLARKE (Former White House Counter-Terrorism Adviser): …infrastructure protection and counterterrorism. And the press, thinking that title was too long and not sexy enough, immediately turned it into terrorism czar.

Mr. DONALD RUMSFELD (Former Defense Secretary): And all the intelligence agencies and put them under a single intelligence czar. In my view, that would be doing the country a great disservice.

SEABROOK: Hurricane Katrina recovery czar Edward Blakely, former White House terrorism czar Richard Clarke and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

NORRIS: And as we mentioned, President Bush avoids using the term czar. He's called General Lute the full-time manager for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Most people don't realize that Bush had 11 more "Czars" than Obama and most of the current "Czars" are holdover positions from the Bush administration. Here is a wikipedia article that lists all of the U.S executive branch "Czars" since its first use under FDR.

Hopefully, Joe won't be so naive as to fall for such an obvious media trap in the future. In the meantime, enjoy counting the "Czars".

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

No one including me Rush or Glen ever said no one else appointed Czars Alliebaster.

Look do some checking around and see who had control of all three branches of government when they were elected.

Then tell me who was behind and how far in appointing government positions for review to Congress.

Then tell me who seems to have bypassed this process entirely and instead opted to appoint czars instead.

If Obama has done it no more than anyone else in their first year. Then well I guess me, Glen Beck, and Rush Limbaugh are just a bunch or stooges to dumb to know any better.

That should give you one hell of an incentive

But if your wrong then we will assume that you get your information from a biased left wing media source cloaking itself in honest non-biased reporter clothing so as to influence the minds of the TRUE sheeple.

Hop to it their little buddy and let me know what you find out.

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Michelle Norris?

I don't know about y'all, but I'd listen to anything Chuck Norris' daughter says...

11. Aballister

Aballister New Member

No but you make a big deal out of it like it's the first time this ever happened.

I'm not too sure what to make of this question. Do you mean to check if the democrats controlled all three branches when Obama was elected?

From the Wikipedia article, "Czars" do not have any executive power and act as advisers. The article seems to suggest that anyone appointed by a president without the approval of congress can qualify for the title of "Czars".

Do you count the ones already in place from the Bush administration?
    If not then Obama only appointed a handful. The rest are holdover positions from previous administrations.

I couldn't find any meaningful information on how many czars were appointed under Bush in his first 2 years because the interest in the word has sprung out under the current administration. Everything I could find is retroactive and lacking in consistency. What the list suggests and most websites dedicated to the matter agree on that, is that the administration with the most newly created czars was the Clinton administration.

Who decides when I'm wrong? We could assume that any contrary opinion to mine is from a biased right wing media source cloaking itself in honest non-biased reporter clothing so as to influence the minds of the TRUE sheeple. See what I mean? How can we have any meaningful debate when you already bring up the "wolf in sheep's clothing" argument? It's a loaded challenge and you know it. Ssssnakey snake.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

*Yawn*

Bush Senior appointed a drug Czar to advise on the drug wars.

Obama appoints "Czars" instead of real appointed positions and simply avoids the latter.

13. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Be condescending all you want. You're still using the same old FoxNews talking points. Your breath must stink like shit the way you're constantly rimming Limbaugh and Beck.