What the fuck is up with children's programming these days?

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Shit... when I was young (and that's before most of you kids were even a raised eyebrow on your dad's forehead), we had cool programs... Transformers, G.I. Joe, etc... Nothing but violence and good times... Now what do they have?

I was in a pizza joint inhabited by a gang of fucking rugrats today and I saw what these kids have to look forward to after school... 'Spongehead Squarepants' (or something like that, maybe 'Spongedick Squarenads?') - Essentially, an animated yellow bathroom sponge. WTF? Kids actually like this shit? And what's the deal with the Siamese dog and cat combo? ...the one where they're attached at the ass and share 4 legs? Honestly, how does this thing shit?

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

No wonder kids are fucked up these days, I tell ya.

3. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

I remember the Transformers and G.I Joe. Fuck,does that mean I'm old?

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Reverend Honkey Kong:
    'Spongehead Squarepants' (or something like that, maybe 'Spongedick Squarenads?') - Essentially, an animated yellow bathroom sponge. WTF? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen it once.

I actually got into a discussion about that show last night with a 27 year-old who thinks it's the greatest cartoon ever.

I really need to reevaluate my friendships.

5. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

yeah, Spongebob Squarepants is also the rage with some of my school bitches. since they are 18 year boys it somehow appeals to them. i used to watch HeMan in the morning while eating my cereal before school in junior high. i didnt like it at first but it grew on me. the other cartoon you speak of is Catdog i believe. my 35 year old ex loves it. i think what he loved about it the most is that it annoyed the fuck outta me. I do like Duckman, its fucking funny as hell. Jason Alexander does the voice for it. i just dont know when its on and i am usually to busy reading forums to watch it.

6. GreenAppleSplatters

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rattila the hon:
    yeah, Spongebob Squarepants is also the rage with some of my school bitches. since they are 18 year boys it somehow appeals to them. i used to watch HeMan in the morning while eating my cereal before school in junior high. i didnt like it at first but it grew on me. the other cartoon you speak of is Catdog i believe. my 35 year old ex loves it. i think what he loved about it the most is that it annoyed the fuck outta me. I do like Duckman, its fucking funny as hell. Jason Alexander does the voice for it. i just dont know when its on and i am usually to busy reading forums to watch it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aww shit! I forgot about He-Man,I used to watch that show all the time,I had all action figures and Castle Grayskull too.

Duckman is the shit too,comedy central used to have two episodes in a row at one and one thirty on the morning but I guess they stopped showing them.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Hell yeah! Another fellow Castle Grayskull owner! That drawbridge was the fucking coolest...

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rattila the hon:
    i used to watch HeMan in the morning while eating my cereal before school in junior high. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to watch The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon before school in junior high. I kinda grew to like it too, I'm afraid to admit.

You know what cartoon I really hate (besides all the Nick Kid's cartoons Rugrats-->GRRR :mad ? Tiny Toons. It annoys the fucking hell out of me. Kinda like the Muppet Babies did. Did nanny ever change her fucking socks?

And another one... A Pup named Scooby Doo.

Why didn't they just leave well-enough alone?

9. GreenAppleSplatters

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Reverend Honkey Kong:
    Hell yeah! Another fellow Castle Grayskull owner! That drawbridge was the fucking coolest...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah man,that shit rocked. You could dump some nasty ass slime on a dude or did they fall in a pit of slime? I've got my childhood toys mixed up I think...

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Splatteriffic:
    Yeah man,that shit rocked. You could dump some nasty ass slime on a dude or did they fall in a pit of slime? I've got my childhood toys mixed up I think...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If there was slime involved (I remember one, but I can't think of what the hell it is right now), chances are my folks wouldn't go for it. I remember always wanting "Snake Mountain" - didn't it have some kind of crazy microphone/speaker that would alter the sound of your voice?

11. Matthew

Matthew New Member

The coolest toy when i was growing up was those pogoballs. I loved transformers and voltron, dont get me wrong. But i loved hopping on that damn thing.

12. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

shrinky dinks were cool. i'd buy some now but i cant find them anywhere and the jackoffs at Toys R Us never heard of them.

slime huh? i had a slime thing called Creepy Crawlers. you melt some slime in a cauldron then pour it into bug shaped molds and make jelly bugs. i also had the complete Wizard of Oz castle and all the characters. way cooler than Greyskull.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Wow! Thanks, rat! I don't feel so old anymore!

14. GreenAppleSplatters

i also had the complete Wizard of Oz castle and all the characters. way cooler than Greyskull. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blasphemy!! He-man kicks the shit out of the Wizard of Oz...

15. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

If there was slime involved (I remember one, but I can't think of what the hell it is right now), chances are my folks wouldn't go for it. I remember always wanting "Snake Mountain" - didn't it have some kind of crazy microphone/speaker that would alter the sound of your voice?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shit, I was positive that Castle Greyskull had the slime, but I can't find anything to confirm it. Maybe we're all thinking about Fire House H.Q

that definately had slime, you can see the grill on the roof (behind the blue poll) where you poored the slime in. That shit kicked arse!!!
    And yeah, Snake Mountain had a microphone, I didn't have one, but my mate did, so I used to play with his.

16. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'm pretty sure there was something He-Man related that used slime... Obviously, not the only toy that did, but I'm almost positive they had a special one of their own...

17. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

Of course! It was simply "THE SLIME PIT

18. D

D New Member

Well I watche3d Button Moon for the first time in about 15 years.

I have to it rules...full of inuendo that you obviously dont get when you are 5 years old...

I also loved jayce and the wheeled warriors...(is that right??) and She-Ra... Get Along Gang, Hitch hikers guide, James the cat Rainbow brite... and Rainbow.... The best catoon I have ever watched was *Mysterious cities of Gold*. oh and I loved Thundercats.

19. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stress free STD:
    of course! It was simply "THE SLIME PIT
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's it!

I'd forgotten how nifty some of the baddies looked...

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Aaaaaaaarrrrgh! I can't fucking get away from it!!!

Fuck!