Waverly Hills Sanitarium

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by DangerousDan, Mar 7, 2005.

1. DangerousDan

DangerousDan New Member

I live almost right next to this place. Listed as one of the ten scariest/most haunted places on earth on discovery channel. Took these pictures one Halloween. Got a bunch of security guards around there now but used to be able to get in there and fuck around take chicks up there or whatever. Horror movie the "death tunnel" will be coming out soon that they shot there last fall. www.deathtunnel.com

2. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

yup, looks haunted to me. lotta aura there.

3. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

I feel my mental and emotional well-being have been replentished by simply viewing the compound.

Yup.

Don't need to get any closer than I have.

A lot of aura?! Is that what they call light that comes from electricity where yer from?

4. DangerousDan

DangerousDan New Member

They had a floodlight attached on it. Place doesn't have electricity. They must have hooked some generater up or used the outside body shoot hookups for wiring up some outside lighting.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That site is beautiful. I love the pictures.

It's a strange looking building, but I like it a lot.

I can't find many intererior pics.

Supply me with more please! :)

6. whipone

whipone New Member

7. DangerousDan

DangerousDan New Member

Didn't go in the time I had my camera with me so I don't have any interior pictures. I couldn't get the whole building unless I used the infrared nightshot function because no flash is big enough to light up the whole building which is why they are all black and grainy.

8. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Well that is a handy-dandy function!

9. DangerousDan

DangerousDan New Member

Damn right it is motherfucker.

10. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

...that's what I said.

11. DangerousDan

DangerousDan New Member

That's actually why I went I was playing with my new digital camera and wanted to see what it could do.

12. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

is it 8.0 megapixels?

13. DangerousDan

DangerousDan New Member

Five but it cost me 900$ when I bought it. Damn thing can be bought for 300$ now. Still thought the color quality is real good. Bright. Even when you're shooting in the dark. My father just bought the top of the line Nikon that won the camera of the year from popular photography mag and the color is too gray on it for some reason. He is going to try some things to fix it. But all in all I would recommend buying one like mine for $300 now if you want a good camera. It's a Sony DSC-V1. It also takes movies with sound. Those also have really good color quality.

14. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

The only reason I know anything is one of my best friends got huge into photography. He's got an $1100 (10 megapix I think) and a couple of $600+ lenses and professional quality printer to make professional quality prints. I told him he needs a cheaper hobbie, like cocaine or something.

15. smiles

smiles New Member

*shivers*

16. DangerousDan

DangerousDan New Member

I think the building was designed so that the wind would blow through it when they wheeled the TB patients out ont the "solarium" to give them fresh air and blow away the germs. Thats why its angled and disjointed. Over 60,000 people died there of TB

17. whipone

whipone New Member

Dear lord Barry.

If those sanitarium walls could talk!

18. DangerousDan

DangerousDan New Member

Just wait til the bird flu jumps to people. It's coming. Has a 70% death rate. Already starting to kill people in Asia. The next big mass kill off epidemic.

19. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

"baby can you dig your man............he's a righteous man........"

20. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Not such a bad thing, the population need a bit of thining out these days.