Vote on Medivet/Amvet/Amy's abilities as a "parent&quot

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by NurseR, Apr 25, 2005.

?

Is Medivet/amvet/Amy fit to be a parent?

1. Hell no, she's a freak of nature.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hell yes, she's a freak of nature.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NurseR

NurseR New Member

Should Medivet/Amvet/amy's daughter be allowed to marry a Marine before he he goes off to basic training?

Keep in mind, her daughter is sixteen years old. Also keep in mind, Amy wouldn't/couldn't decide this VERY important "mother" decision, until she put it up as a poll to Mil.com members.

Btw, he's already gone, and Amy has "informed" us that "they" decided to wait until his return. Probably after the 10 of so pages of flames to Amy about being an irresponsible mother.

2. smiles

smiles New Member

how old was the guy?

3. mia

mia New Member

Of course not, it is completley ridiculous to even consider letting your 16 year old child get married. I would be so dissapointed if any of my boys got married before they were 30!

4. NurseR

NurseR New Member

He was either 18 or 19 years old.

5. mia

mia New Member

To make it clear though I am not saying that she is a bad parent, how would I or anyone else here know that? All I am saying is that in my opinion that particular decision or option should not even be a consideration.

6. NurseR

NurseR New Member

An option to whom?

Sure as hell she made her decision regarding this situation, based on a bunch of internet strangers at Mil.com.

What if she poised this question here? And she was serious?

What say you then?

Knowing some nut on the internet would base her decision, regarding her "child", on what you all voted....

7. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

Who the fuck cares? Go AWAYYYYYYYYYYYY.

8. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

One could only hope that Amvet's posting of that question was more a pathetic plea for attention for herself, and not really her plan for parenting. From what I have read I do feel sorry for her children though.

9. mia

mia New Member

An option to Amy. She should not even consider giving her blessing to her childs marriage.

A lot of people do not have the gift of friends and family to advise and support them. Many have not had very stable family backgrounds. They may not possess the appropriate coping/parenting skills.

This does not mean they are bad parents, nor does it mean their children are not loved and happy.

Nobody here knows Amy, and nobody should be judging her.

Unless you are flawless, give the girl a break. This has all become very tedious.

10. smiles

smiles New Member

didn't i tell you guys from the start barry was a clone... there is no WAYYY there are this many self-righteous, pompous, egotistical, rednecks in one country alone

11. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

Mia
    You are obviously a very kind and caring person....perhaps a tad naive..but still caring...of course "Amy" has invited this attention on her parenting skills by soliciting strangers on the internet..not on "parenting" forums mind you. If you were a single parent, worried about her child's decision, where would you go?

12. mia

mia New Member

As above. :roll:

13. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

Oh no! Not the rolling eye smiley...whatever shall I do? :shock:

14. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

well trying to counter it with the poppy-out eyes smiley was a mistake

15. Belladonna

Belladonna New Member

True...but didn't want to bring in unsolicited smilies

16. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Let the Bells Toll to commemorate the day!

NURSEY AND BARRY COMPLETELY AGREE ON SOMETHING!

If you won't just go away, at least talk about something else.
    (Like bombing Iran and North Korea next)

Barry

17. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I am not a clown.

Barry

18. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Naturally your not a clown barry, clowns are funny.

19. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

Making a mistake in judgement as to what people to view as my friends and which aren't is different than being a good or bad parent. Although one may or may not reflect on the other. In the end it wasn't me but my daughter who made the decision, and the decision was made to be formally engaged but to wait for marriage.

My daughter is mature and smart and I am very proud of her, and trust her to make her own decisions concerning her future. She will be a senior this year, which means she will still be 17 when she graduates, and only turn 18 shortly before going to college. At that time she will be a legal adult, but in my eyes she acts like more of an adult now than some who post here, which then again isn't saying much.

I am a good parent, I know that. I know it because I have two bright and caring children, and like to kid myself that I had something to do with that.

What amazes me even more than that I had the level of trust for people I had only met online that I did is that other people online think they know more about me and what kind of a person I am than those who have a lot more information than they do. I may be someone who posted entirely too much and entirely too much about herself, but I have nowhere near the level of obsessive vindictiveness and mistaken judgements about others that others do for me.

So think I am an evil person and a bad parent all you want. I know better. And thank you for teaching me a very valuable and very hard learned lesson on who to and who not to trust. And thank you for helping me come to the realization that I need to keep a gun in my home for self defense purposes in case worst comes to worst.

20. sawdusty

sawdusty New Member

Can I just think you're stupid?