Vizio LCD HDTV

Discussion in 'Technology' started by MAJ Havoc, Sep 4, 2007.

1. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I bought one of these Vizios from Sam's Friday. These are priced way better than anything else in the LCD HDTV arena that I've seen. I don't know how long it will last but the picture looks great. We're taught to believe that cheaper means "not as good" but I'm very pleased with the 1080i display. Has anyone heard anything about these? A couple of friends of mine had already tried them and were pleased as well.

2. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Dude I wish you would have said something first. My friend bought one and the controls went out on it. I mean the remote would not work nor the controls on top.

Then we try to take it back to Walmart and he has the original box & receipt and all this shit. They try to tell us that they don't take back Vizios. That you have to do the warranty shit. He calls them and they say it would be 6 to 8 months before they could replace his TV but he had to send his in then.

They told him to take it back to make it faster. It took a fucking act of congress to get them to take it back. The only way they took it back if he bought one that was at least 100 dollars higher. So he got an RCA that he seems happy with.

I have a 32 inch Westinghouse that I have been more then happy with. I would get rid of that thing asap if I was you man.

3. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Well, I did buy the warranty up front (3 years parts and labor) because I have shitty luck with electronics anyway. Maybe if it goes tits up, I can get past the Sam's Gestapo a little easier. Still, I got a 37" for $749 and other brands the same size are $998+. I guess I took a gamble to go cheap. We'll see. I'll follow up with a scathing editorial if it goes out on me.

4. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I hope you have better luck

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I got my 42" Vizio from Sams almost a year ago, 1300 out the door. No problems, and I am a big fan of vizio. I didnt see the Vizios at Wal-Mart, I did see Olivia or whatever.

I admit I really, really like the picture, the 1080i is excellent, I know everyone is tits up over 1080p, but whatever, i do what I want. Plus when I got mine the nearest one price wise was over 1600 and that wasnt including the 3 year and it looked very poor quality.

Maj, I think you will be quite sasified with the Viz. I thoroughly enjoy watching football/baseball/golf/racing on the Vizio, plus with the Widescreen HD movies kick ass too. Much better than the Samsung I had prior.

Grim, the controls to my tv are on the right side, not on the top. Are you sure he had a viz?

6. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I'm pretty sure this was a year and half or so ago. I always watch everything in 720p. I can care less about 1080p.

I'll upgrade when they start doing 1600Xwhatever.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

When we were picking ours up a couple was bringing in a 37. Worried we went over to ask them what happened to the TV. Here is what they said, "Oh nothing, the price dropped and they wont give us the difference back, so we are just returning it and getting our money back and then buying a new one. We love the TV"

I should have hung out and bought that TV when they put it on the 'used' side....

8. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Since I got the new Viz in the living room, I moved my Phillips 32" HD to my man-cave. I put my X360 in there with it so I don't have to compete with my kids for TV time. I can get get my game on, now. I have over 1M cr and 41 cars on Forza but I haven't the attention span to get to those longer races. On another note, I D/L the demo for Stuntman: Ignotion and it's pretty cool. It's hard but if you've played the PS2 version before, you'd be familiar with the concept.

9. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Yeah I haven't really touched Forza since I shelled out all my cash on a paint job. I haven't been able to win races I need to get the cars for the races lol. Stupid car.

Plus Bioshock & 2 worlds are just 2 good.

10. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I sure would like to see Auburn get beat on the big screen. When do they play Florida?

11. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I think there will be plenty of opportunities to see that this year.

12. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

If you need a phat car, I'll gift you one. Pick it out.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

A friend of mine had a 32 or 37" Vizio LCD for about a year, but someone broke into her place and stole it before she had any problems with it. I always told her to shut her damn curtains, living where she did and all, but hey - at least she got a year out of it before it got swiped.

14. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I took the box it came in to work and tossed it there so I wouldn't advertise that I had a new TV by leaving inthe front yard on trash day.

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

That's always a good idea. I do the same shit with my boxes.

16. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

It's a year later and the Vizio is still looking good. So far, so good. That and my $300 Yamaha surround sound system are some of my favorite toys for the money.

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I bought an Element (lower end Poloroid) LCD HDTV. It was way cheaper than the others and I am happy with it. Since I try to stay bedridden, it gets used a lot more than I ever use the expensive Sony in the living room.

18. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I am still very happy with my Vizio.

I would buy another one if I had anywhere to put it.

Im ready to move and get a bigger house...