Vista or shitty PC?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Nauseous, May 27, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

This pos laptop locks up almost every time I am on a page and click a link that opens a new window. Then it goes through it's bullshit about looking for a solution. I feel like it's Vista.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The honey moon is over for me and stupid new technology shit that is crap.

I'm gonna go with its Vista.

3. Sallanches

Sallanches New Member

What browser? what are the laptop specs?

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

IE7. Go ahead and make fun of me. I'm not at home to tell you the specs, but it was a cheapy Walmart laptop... compaq.

5. Sallanches

Sallanches New Member

Well,no Im not gonna make fun of you,do you have any plugins that you use for IE7?,also are you using any real time antivirus or anti phishing software?,and as always try to download all the latest drivers for it,you said it "locks up" so I am assuming it becomes unresponsive,so like you have to press the power button to shut the laptop down and reboot? or is it only for a time and then the page will load?

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

No. If you are on a webpage and you click on a link and it starts to open in a new window, it will lock up and both windows will become non responsive. Then you get the option to wait, close or restart the window. Only close or restart works and then both windows close and you gotta start all over again. It's really annoying. Sometimes when you open a new browser window, it will freeze up like that and never load.

But, it is playing Sims3 and I thought it the processor wouldn't be able to handle it but it does. I'm surprised. It's only IE that I have the problem with, I guess. Maybe I should start using something else.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Download the latest firefox and test with it. Or go to IE8 (I really like it over 7) Do you think an auto update might have tried updating something and failed to complete the install? We have that out here, people dont want to wait for the update and they shut it off before our SUS box can push all the patches down (POS Microsoft).

I put 8 on one of my PCs at work and I like it a lot better. None of the BS issues we had with IE7.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I thought about 8. I put it on my parents PC, but I didn't like it because it kept crashing but I reinstalled it and I think they don't have problems with it anymore. I might try that. I am partial to IE. I have always used it and don't like change.

9. Sallanches

Sallanches New Member

Nauseous what I would do is disable all the plugins inside internet properties,then if the problem goes away you can slowly enable them again till you find the culprit,if after you disable them the problem is still present,then its something likely outside the browser itself,but speaking about firefox,its a much better browser,and you can make it look and act just like IE7 if you dont like alot of change,also,might I recommend you try opera? its really cool,fast and has widgets and stuff to play with for those who enjoy that kind of stuff.

BTW tell me the specs of your laptop,download Belarc advisor its really cool,free and I use it all the time

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Well, my husband did some crap to it last night and it's not doing it anymore. We'll see.

If I post my specs Dwaine will pick on me.