Virus Scan

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Cheezedawg, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg Guest

I need a new virus scan but I don't want to pay for it. I got this bad.trans virus a few days ago and its still fucking my shit up. My old virus scan just doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Anyone know where I can get one for free? Perhaps a McAfee 6.0?

2. Emetic

Emetic New Member

This is all hypothetically speaking, as I don't advocate the use or trade in unauthorized software:

I've heard from a friend of a friend that if you go here and click on "#4 Full Appz", you'll be presented with tables displayed at bottom containing a wide variety of full-version apps. Theoretically, I recommend Norton AV 2001 over McAfee for effectiveness. Get a standalone version - don't waste the d/l time on the combo-suites b.s. If you run Win XP, there's a Norton AV version specific to that. Suggest you also get & use ZoneAlarm Pro firewall.

If you pick Norton, run LiveUpdate after install to get current sig files before running a full-system scan.

3. kitana

kitana New Member

***USE POP-UP STOPPER when visiting that site

4. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

Do what Kit says coz i didn't ...1 min looking 10 mins shutting down pop-ups

5. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I know the guys that run navi-net... another good page like that is katz warez... Don't say I never give you penis dribbles nothing...

6. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

I got fix-it Utilities 4.0 which has a good virus scanner on it...if you want my friends got a hub on Direct connect you could get it from me if you wanted it.

7. kitana

kitana New Member

i've got a mcafee office CD, i can copy it, if you're interested

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheezedawg:
    I got this bad.trans virus a few days ago and its still fucking my shit up. My old virus scan just doesn't seem to be doing the trick.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed... I even got an email from you with it a few days back... I was gonna let you know about it, but I was in a bit of a hurry when I found it.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You got one? I got at least 4. One to each email account.

10. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg Guest

Virus gone!!!!

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheeze:
    Virus gone!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Want a new copy?