Video Techno advice

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ucicare, Dec 24, 2007.

1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Hi all. I have been incredibly busy lately. I just bought a new building, and it is a total rebuild on the inside. It was once a boat dealership. The building is metal, and is about 5000 sq ft. The outside just needs a facade. The inside is a build out.

Long story short - I want to wire it for now and for the future.

Here is what I need now -

1. A 14 x 24 conference room that is set up for multimedia and video conferencing. I need to be able to do remote depositions for attorneys. That means that I need video cameras, microphones, recorders, and a way to monitor with video. The other thing is that I need to be able to broadcast it securely by the web to a remote computer.

I also want to be able to project on a screen, and for others to remotely project onto a screen. I really don't know where to start.

I have some equipment already - (1) Tempest 8000 4 camera hard drive recorder with server capacity, and at least 8 Sony color cameras. Can I use these?

2. I want to hook up each room with the latest in wiring. I have about 15,000 feet of Cat 6, and at least 3-1000 ft spools of fiber optic phone line. Is there a reason to run the fiber optic? Is there another cable that I need to run? Can I run the phone system off of Cat 6?

I also have a bunch of Cat 5 and Cat 5E. What is the difference in those and Cat 6? Can I mix them?

3. I need a telephone system with at least 8 stations and 4 lines, expandable to 16 x 8. Is there a "best buy?"

Lastly - I bought a warehouse full of networking crap. I have boxes of connectors, wires, racks and patch cables. Anybody need a good deal on some stuff? I probably have 500 6' patch cables each individually wrapped. I smell a deal.

Barry