Verizon DROID ERIS by HTC -or- Motorola DROID DROID by Motorola

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Joeslogic, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Trying to decide

the Motorola is 100.00 more and the only real difference is 16 Gig instead of 8 Gig removable memory pre-installed, and Droid version 2.0 instead of version 1.5

Anyone know if this version 2.0 is better than version 1.5 of the driod software?

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Dunno. But my husband wants the Droid badly.

3. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Yeah, I'm contemplating a switch to Verizon and a Droid. I didn't know there was more than one brand, though. But part of me still wants the iPhone to sync up with my MacBook.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well a friend purchases the Droid ERIS by HTC. He really likes it.

The HTC comes with Android version 1.5 and the Motorola with 2.0. He just got it yesterday so I need to call him and ask about the features.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ok I got the Motorola Droid and it is sweeet!

Today I was Christmas shopping with the wife. I was playing with the barcode scanner amazingly it works 50% of the time if you scan the right one you can see who else has it for sale and at what price.

Listening to Pandora radio it rocks.

I checked out fugly ... not so good for posting online in forums unless you don't mind typing with your thumbs. I'm to lazy.

Went to Waxahachie, TX to some restaurant that was on TV one of those ghosts shows which markets itself as being the most haunted restaurant in TX. So I used the GPS to track myself.

It tracked my trip on Google maps, shows total distance, max speed, total time, Average speed, moving time, average moving time, min elevation, max elevation, elevation gain, minimum and maximum gain as well as three other stats that change at any given time and are only specific to a point in time (when you look at the screen) current elevation and latitude\longitude coordinates.

7. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

That is pretty cool. What will phones do next? Read people's minds? Teleport your messages to their brains? Shit gold?

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

No doubt and if you turn on tracking it tracks you if you are at any particular point say a favorite bar or something you just tell it to remember that place and over time you build this map of your area and were you like to hang out. It will store it on Google Maps.

Big Brother is probably watching my every move. :eek:

So if I'm anywhere in the world and decide I want to go to Sherlocks bar in Addison TX it will draw me a map of my choice using Google Maps or GPS and navigate me there.

9. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

The Droid has me wanting to switch to Verizon. I've had AT&T for years and the coverage has never been a huge issue for me. I can talk while driving through a tunnel under water and never drop the call. I guess it depends on where you live.

10. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Got an iPhone 3GS 16GB. Lvoe it!

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Cool since you can download most of the same apps probably I bet it's pretty much a washout which is better.

Has it got a 5mb camera? High definition video?

12. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

No, I have found several limitations to the iPhone. Too late to call sour grapes but I would have enjoyed the Droid. Maybe not enought differences for me to want to switch carriers and change up my phone plan, etc. In two years, when my contract is up, I'll see what's out there. I'm not paying the cancellation fee just to get HiDef videos and 5MP photos. I have a laptop and a camera for that.

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah no doubt. By then they will have a phone with a 20mb camera that also drives your car.