Today

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Ministersf, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

Today marks the anniversary of the terrorist attacks on American soil. It is a sad day and a long one for me. I thought I'd write some things down, I don't know why, but it might make me feel better.

I know that you can make arguments against American society and foreign policy. I know that we, as a people, are not perfect. I don't plan to do any flag waving or cheering here. I do want to state, however, that, while our society isn't perfect, it is one of the best things going. Americans have always been champions of personal freedom and individuality. Regardless of the political acts of aggression, greed, and manipulation that we have been guilty of, we are, on the whole, a generous and compassionate people. While we are a bit isolated and ethnocentric because of our geography, we certainly care about justice and suffering worldwide. It has been wrong to try to police the world but mainly our intentions have good, if not pure.

There is a special, visceral memory in every American. The memory of why you are here. Perhaps you or your ancestors were persecuted, or maybe poor and without prospects. My mother's family arrived in the 1630s, seeking religious freedom. My father's arrived in the 1820s, escaping near serfdom in Europe.

America has a special ideal that shines in the hearts and eyes of every citizen. That idea is self-determination of destiny. The Pursuit of Happiness, the right to decide the course of your own life and fate, is the greatest of American freedoms. It is this ideal, more than anything else, that is at the root of American prosperity.

When we see people in other nations who deprived of this, our most cherished of freedoms, our heart goes out to them and we have to come to their aid.

Today is a sad day. I've already said that. It is a day of mourning, not just of people, but of joyful complacency. There are several services being held right now and the President is speaking. I read the Flight 93 story on MSN, and frankly, if you can make it through that without tears, you're a tougher man than I am.

It is also a day of renewed emotion. One of those emotions is anger; a slow smoldering anger in the heart of every American. It cries out for justice, and shamefully, for vengeance as well.

We will continue to make it. I hope today is made a holiday. It is a long day, full of anger and tears, patriotism and shame, love and compassion, and memory.

2. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

Sorry Minister,but I'm going to be sick.

3. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

My two cents worth on this whole mess:

If Western Civilization had not prevailed as it did over the centuries(and this past year as an example), then none of us would be sitting here, indulgent in our own depravity. I have the greatest appreciation for decadence like the rest of you, and I do partly because I can in our society. Had anything other than the Empire of the West taken rule over the centuries, then we know full well that we would have never had the opportunity to advance, or for that matter give ourselves the time to humorously degenerate as we do here.

Now for my thoughts to go slightly askew.....I am no fan of Islam, except in that I do envy Mohammed the prophet for getting more action than me. Beyond that, all it has done is destroy every single culture. The Persian Nations at one time had the most distinctive societies, until the caliphs routed it out. Countries like Turkey, Iran, Iraq (winks at Nursey), and even Central Asia would have turned out so much better had their old ways of life been preserved (and on a side note, Turkey seems to be opening its eyes about that, as they are now almost desperate to be embraced by the EU). The old Indo-European/Chaldean ways were great, and had it prevailed nowadays, they would have been wonderful next-door neighbors with Europe as a whole.

I blame Islam for otherwise corrupting good countries (one guy I knew called Muslims, "Zionist
    A.D.L. Jews with rabies"). The only difference between Louis Farrakhan and Morris Dees is that Farrakhan never screwed his stepdaughter (at least that we know of). In the Muslim states, we could never enjoy any of the liberties we partake in here.

As much as we go back and forth, I am absolutely glad to have met/engaged/threatened/confided/drank large amounts of alcohol with/befriended the lot of you. And I thank the society I live in that I can do this so freely. I mess around with Third Reich imagery quite a lot, and I thank this Nation I live in now for being the way it is, that I can do this so freely, regardless of my real views.

I hate PC liberals, but thankfully they have the freedom to be that way, and thankfully I have the freedom to despise them. And, thankfully, Islam never prevailed in the West, otherwise I could never do any of those things, nor would any of us be here.

Okay, I am now getting off my soapbox. Let me end by saying fuck you, I love you, and God Bless Western Civilization.

4. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

As someone who originally logged onto these forums with a particular intent to vent my spleen towards antagonistic, jingoistic Americans, whose sole message appeared to be 'gonna stick a boot in your ass' and 'terrorism isn't gonna change us' (I realise that's a very liberal argument, and for that I apologise).

I served in the armed forces and spent time in Northern Ireland dealing with terrorism, abuse of personal freedoms and 'ghetto' mentality I felt, at the time, the America needed this wake up call, in so far as it had to look beyond it's own borders to understand the concept of terrorism. (McVeigh et al aside)

Let's be honest I'm sure a vast percentage of Americans felt the cause of the IRA was 'romanntic' to a degree... well I suppose it is in a Boston bar toasting the Emerald Isle, but when you're picking up bits of shattered chldren, dealing with distraught families and personal vendettas and trying to avoid being shot by a sniper on a Saturday night on the Crumlin Road, terrorism smacks you right between the eyes.

My point, I suppose is, I feel for you as a nation and as a people, you're not that dumb I now know that you're good people dealing with a dreadful situation that has worldwide ramifications for all of us.

Let's hope this makes the world a better place... AND LET'S GO KICK SADDAM'S BONY ASS!

Peace to you all

5. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

blahblahblah .. i see some family got their kid chipped the other day in case she got snatched

6. Yummy

Yummy New Member

I don't think this was the thread to be jackasses

I stayed away from the hype today also, it seems very hollow. I flew an American flag before 9/11 and I continue to fly one. I know our country has flaws but all in all it is a great place and the hereos on that day and in the following days made me proud. Including George W. who I wasn't sure about before.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goddess Yummy:
    I flew an American flag efore 9/11 and I continue to fly one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oddly enough, I've been using one as a curtain in this room for the past 5 years. Now, all of a sudden, it's "trendy".

8. chester grape

chester grape New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    Oh God, I'm with you Nursey. I'm gonna throw too.

How the fuck ... ah, what's the point?

At least Osama got you all thinking. It's just that the thoughts you guys have are all fucked up.

9. aznad

aznad New Member

CHESTER, YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT JUST LIKE PIMP, NURSEY, AND IMC.

10. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

Lomo mate, real men don't do curtains. It's blinds if you've got any sense...

11. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

This is fugly in case you missed the point you twat, check your non-fucked thoughts in at the door...

12. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

13. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

Now that is a fiiiiiiiine figure of a woman... god bless obesity and all it's variations!

14. aznad

aznad New Member

IS THAT LADY A GIANT? LOOK AT THE TINY PURSE. SHE HAS TO BE A GIANT. WHERE DO THE GIANT PEOPLE LIVE?

15. stymie

stymie New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AZNAD:
    WHERE DO THE GIANT PEOPLE LIVE?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They live in the massive void between your ears.

OK FUCK OFF

16. Yummy

Yummy New Member

look how this thread deteriorated

17. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

18. theonlylivingboy

theonlylivingboy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dubya G Grace:

I spent time in Northern Ireland
    ........on a Saturday night on the Crumlin Road
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I used to fuck a bird who owned a hairdressers in Crumlin. A lovely catholic girl (very good at the head thing, are catholic girls)who went by the superfly name of Ita Mooney.
    Jesus, the whole forums gonna know my entire sexual history at this rate..........like anyone fuckin cares!!

19. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

theonlylivingboy... your sig is disturbing me now, after reading about michael barrymore's idea of a party

20. theonlylivingboy

theonlylivingboy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~pimpchichi~:
    theonlylivingboy... your sig is disturbing me now, after reading about michael barrymore's idea of a party<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Now Pimp, I think you know that sig is a quote from the comedy genius that is Jim Royle, but your right its about time it was changed. when I get a spare 10 mins *breaks into fits of ironic laughter* I'll find out how to do the fancy little thingy's you lot do.
    As for Barrymore, I think the man should be castrated with a rusty blade. Not for being the gay, rapin' murderer that he is, but for subjecting the poor British public to his brand of 'humour' for the last ten years.