These should be in everybody's DVD collection...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Lomotil, May 1, 2004.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Without a doubt.

14 total movies, all on DVD for the first time, re-'vamped', audio touched up, etc... I'm not all 'gung-ho' about old horror flicks, but these are a fuckin' trip to watch. Worth buying.

2. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

You must add "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" to the list.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's rare (if ever) that I have an inclination to watch a silent film, but if it's something you recommend, I'll make every effort to check it out... ;)

Oh yeah, where the fuck would I find it (reasonably priced or less)?

*post script* - just read a few reviews in my inebriated state and can see Ulf's acclaim could be justified...

4. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

Um, Borders should carry it. I know there are a few of them in Texas.
    It's a neat flick, in any case.

5. KaptainSkitzo

KaptainSkitzo New Member

I'd prefer the directors cut of The Toxic Avenger, or even The ReAnimator....
    of course...one of the best movies I've seen in a while was Dee Snyder's Strangeland.
    Now that's a movie worth owning!

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I swear, I've never bought anything at a Borders store before. I know they've got some obscure/hard-to-find shit, and a nice collection of it, but the shit's always expensive as fuck.

I'm going to pick it up for sure, but I'm still looking to find it cheap. Must be some Jewish blood in my family or something...

Kap'n - I haven't seen any of those... Honestly, "The Toxic Avenger?" - you're kidding, right? Mofo couldn't even balance his eyeball on his goddamn cheek...

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Oh yeah, since you mentioned Dee, I might as well mention that I thought this new Van Helsing movie was all his when I first heard it... He put out a CD around Halloween last year that was supposed to be 'The Soundtrack of Halloween' - Van Helsing's Curse - Oculus Infernum*. Can't remember how any of it goes right now, but I remember thinking it was badass when I first heard it.

*Just ordered it online - will give full review later...

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Hell... just ordered the movie too.

9. KaptainSkitzo

KaptainSkitzo New Member

Maybe so...but that "kid on a bicycle" scene was the SHIT!!!

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Um... never seen it, but if I ever get a chance, I'll keep an eye out for a kid on a bike. ;)

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but I finally watched it during a period of absence from this board, and yeah - I fucking loved it. That movie was so fucking ahead of it's time it's insane... Great backdrops, too.

Nice to see where Rob Zombie gets his video ideas from, too...

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Speaking of Bela Lugosi and Rob Zombie...

13. Deebo57

Deebo57 New Member

now thats funny..looks like they coked up.