The Turtle II

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by kitana, Oct 7, 2001.

1. kitana

kitana New Member

Coming soon to fugly forums.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

"The Turtle II"

Coming soon to FUGLY FORUMS!!

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

You pay for the whole seat... but you'll only need the edge!

3. Emetic

Emetic New Member

Jeebus Harold, what the fuck...?!? Does she think we're all hanging by our modems, staring slack-jawed at the screen & robotically stabbing Refresh, newspapers piling up on our porches while we wait for her grand premiere of some more stupid dead animal pics?

4. methinks

methinks New Member

ive always wanted a pet turtle.

when i was 8, i was driving home with my mom and saw a turtle by the side of the road walking towards it. My mom and i both saw it, and before we got much farther I had convinced my mom to turn around so I could have it as a pet [i dont know what was going through her head]. anyway, we go back..my little hopeful eyes searching for the cute turtle...and alas, it had been smushed in the few minutes it took to turn around.

i never fully recovered from the ordeal, poor little guy.

5. kitana

kitana New Member

No! this turtle is alive, its a pet, it lives in our yard.

methinks: do you still want a pet turtle?
    i can get you one, you just have to pay for shipping and handling.

6. Stranger

Stranger New Member

Speaking of screwed up laws....
    It is illegal to keep turtles (and frogs and lizards for that matter) in Qld. Is $1 000 fine!

I kept one anyway in a kiddie pool on the balcony of my flat several years ago. One day I was cleaning out the pond and put him down for a tic and he was off....
    Jumped/fell/bunjied ropeless four stories to the cement below. I ran down with the dust pan and brush to sweep him up and when I got there I couldn't believe it, he was fine!! Not a chip on him. I gave him his freedom after that(they're bloody boring anyway).

Last I heard he had joined a turtle gang, made a movie and a shitload of money, hooked up with some floosie, junkie, singer and is currently in rehab for his drug and alcohol addiction.

7. Emetic

Emetic New Member

...with probably Bantam picking up the rights to his bio, tentatively titled "Step by Plodding Step: The Fall and Comeback", currently under ghostwriting.

Umm, what's the reasoning (if any) behind that law?

8. PinkorBrown69

PinkorBrown69 New Member

OH! OH! I've got a turtle, and it's poking it's head out!!!

Anyone know where the nearest toilet is??? Quick! Quick! *Hops on the spot*

9. kitana

kitana New Member

hmmm, i dont know if keeping turtles is illegal here, but they're in my yard, two of em.

10. Stranger

Stranger New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emetic:
    Umm, what's the reasoning (if any) behind that law?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't keep any reptiles, amphibians or native animals. You can get a permit for sone but it is dificoult and it costs. I don't know why you can't keep em. Just a way of the gov getting money re permits and fines I guess.

You can't keep the native animals cos they need special care (yah right, like it is realy hard to look after a possum or kangaroo :rolleyes
    On the other hand you are allowed to keep cats, which, ferril or not, kill the native fauna. (I love animals but I would shoot a ferril cat without a second glance).

Can't keep bunnies either in Qld (same $1000 fine) but you can keep em in SA. Frogs here are $40 to $70 each + permit!! So you'd have to factor that into your movie costs.

11. sparky69

sparky69 New Member

teenage mutant ninja turtles?

12. methinks

methinks New Member

*still wants a pet turtle

unfortunatey the apartment i'm getting next year, you're only allowed to have fish [like a turtle would be that destructive].
    sigh. i'd get one anyway, but they have inspections all the time.

grrr

13. kitana

kitana New Member

Never thought ppl would be strict with pets like that...but here the city gives restrictions, but ppl disobey them. there are no probs unless someone complains.

here are the pics of the turtle
    his shell is painted gold, we found him like that. i believe its a male b/c of the shape of the bottom of his shell.
    Lomo, needs to confirm that one for me.

14. kitana

kitana New Member

15. methinks

methinks New Member

erm...is the turtle squashed or doing something naughty in the big picture?

*doesnt know whether to be sad or frightened

16. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

What is it with you and turtles? I see we've got a male this time... And technically, wouldn't that be a tortoise?

17. methinks

methinks New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Reverend Lomotil:
    What is it with you and turtles? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    honestly i dont know. i've just always wanted one.

18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by methinks:
    honestly i dont know. i've just always wanted one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bone of contention here was actually directed at Kitana... but thanks for your input anyway...

19. kitana

kitana New Member

I keep running into turtles. This one just showed up nextdoor, so we put it in our yard. there's another in our yard, he also just showed up one day. Both turtles were found after we our dog, Stinkie barked at and attacked them.

20. AzN NvAzN

AzN NvAzN New Member

Big turtle go doodoo in lap! ha ha ha! you funny!