The Sabbath

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by theonlylivingboy, Jul 14, 2002.

1. theonlylivingboy

theonlylivingboy New Member

Took the kids to Church this morning and it was fucking great. So I was thinking, as its Sunday, perhaps we should all temper the content of our posts today.
    Salman Rushdie reckons "there's a God shaped hole in everyone". It may be time to fill that gap people.

Peace be with you.

2. Yummy

Yummy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theonlylivingboy:
    "there's a God shaped hole in everyone". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just some people's hole is more gaping then others?

I am glad that you can find peace in religion, I have trouble with blind faith...I think to much.

3. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

hmmmmm.... a vengeful god who made us with inbuilt faults, yet punishes us for those faults... whattaguy

4. SycoTik

SycoTik New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by theonlylivingboy:
    Took the kids to Church this morning and it was fucking great. So I was thinking, as its Sunday, perhaps we should all temper the content of our posts today.
    Salman Rushdie reckons "there's a God shaped hole in everyone". It may be time to fill that gap people.

Peace be with you.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you truly be content with your life merely having faith in God? Is that really what you need in life? Just asking.

5. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

it is a good fucking day!! i bought a plane ticket NY-FL round trip for $75, got my carpets cleaned, got a new area rug, a carton of smokes and ate some good chow. i got carded for smokes because i look FABULOUS for a 29 year old, i ate wontons for lunch, for dinner- cherry tomatoes, corn on the cobb, shrimp cocktail, and an organic cheese enchilda. i have an A average in both my classes and i'm getting laid. i also got reservations for a trip to New Orleans, and possibly a 3 day cruise to Key West for about $200. my psycho next door neighbor has his house for sale and has to move the fuck out in the next couple months. wow. all this and Satan is my master.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rattila the hon:
    i got carded for smokes because i look FABULOUS for a 29 year old<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey... you were 29 last year, too!

7. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Antichrist Lomotil:
    Hey... you were 29 last year, too! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    right on Lomo. you really do listen when i talk to you! i turn 30 in November. boooooo hisssss!

8. SycoTik

SycoTik New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rattila the hon:
    it is a good fucking day!! i bought a plane ticket NY-FL round trip for $75<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, what airline, how many days for the roundtrip and where did you find that great of price?

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

you really do listen when i talk to you!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? Did you just say something?

10. theonlylivingboy

OK this thread got a little more serious than I anticipated, but fuck it I'll spread the word.
    Pimp, the Lord is never vengeful with those who walk with him. On the contary He forgives your 'inbiult' faults, all He demands is that you TRY to be a good soldier, oh, and forgive your enemies.
    Peace be with you.

Rat, if the guy downstairs is your master then sooner or later he's gonna call the debt in scary!
    Peace be with you, you'll need it.

11. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SycoTik:
    Hey, what airline, how many days for the roundtrip and where did you find that great of price? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i already had a voucher for $200. usually i get $156-180 roundtrip FL-NY on Delta through travelocity.com for future reference. major cities have cheaper airfare usually.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo the Listener"
    Huh? Did you just say something?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think it's time you got an earbud dude. or some stronger glasses as the case may be...

12. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

OH FUCKIN'A! i almost forgot! i got my grade changed from a C to a B too! my dirty spic beaner professor tried to lower me a whole letter grade for missing ONE class. and i had a receipt from the doctor showing that i was at his office that day. i threatened to sue, blah blah, cried descrimination, screamed at the head of the dept. then spoke with the assciate dean. after all this crap i got my damn B. and its for fucking Spanish class to boot. goddamn spics in this country need to learn some goddamned ENGLISH!!!

[ July 14, 2002: Message edited by: rattila the hon ]

13. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

Pimp, the Lord is never vengeful with those who walk with him. On the contary He forgives your 'inbiult' faults, all He demands is that you TRY to be a good soldier, oh, and forgive your enemies.
    Peace be with you.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

fuck.. we thought you were gay, turns out you're a christian....

lovingboy.. i do not really believe in the judeo-christian god.. i think organised religion is just a tool of those in power to instill discipline and control into the masses using their unbuilt superstition and fear of the unknown...

but by all means.. express your beliefs and be a christian.. i will not think any less of you for it..

i do believe in a 'higher power' but i'm not going to go into it here...

14. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

15. theonlylivingboy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~pimpchichi~:
    fuck.. we thought you were gay, turns out you're a christian....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    LMFAO! you can't be both? Tell that to a fucking Catholic Priest!
    and is that the royal "we".

Religion is organised by like-minded religious people, not "those in power" and has been around for thousands of years, so I find that statement puzzling. All religions run a lot deeper than some sinister conspiracy theory, most people have a built in need to worship, precisely what the filthy fuckers worship is another story.
    You believe in another higher power? Now ya got me interested.

16. theonlylivingboy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~pimpchichi~:
    btw.. in case you get lost <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>For pity's sake didya see the 'singles section'. A big GET A FUCKING GRIP to those ladies.

17. 1337

1337 New Member

jews

18. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

there have been people in power for thousands of years also, and you can bet that most of them claimed to be a mouthpiece for god, telling the masses how god wants them to behave

19. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

Christianity was derived due to a need for power and laws. it was politically based, not "God" based. just because something has been around for hundreds of years doesnt make it a good thing necessarily. there are a lot of sheep out there that need something to worship, someone to follow and someone to guide them and tell them what to do. religion has also been used as a way to explain what the worshippers could not understand. like the creation of the earth and evolution for example. my religion is simple. treat others how you want to be treated, except when do do so would hinder your own happiness and/or personal development. sorta "what comes around goes around"-ish. the power of nature and science is my religion. not some wig wearing asshole preaching to me that i'm gonna burn in hell if i don't do whatever it is he tells me to do. okay, enough. the great RAT has spoken.

20. SycoTik

SycoTik New Member

Fuck this subject. It's as bad as the fucking one on ethnics and who gets what over affirmitive action. It dunt matter anyhow cuz we'll all be did in a few years. Fuck!