The Mist

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by phatboy, Sep 28, 2009.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I watched this the other night On Demand. It wasnt a bad adaptation, but I didnt remember him killing everyone at the end of the movie. I thought it ended with them driving out and going under that great big thing, but not him killing everyone in the car. I think I would have waited till the absolute end.

2. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

Didnt he think it was the absolute end? Why go through the pain of letting your kid know that those monsters are going to come out of the mist any second? Screw that, a clean shot to the head is better than having to experience getting ripped apart and eaten alive.

3. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

you and your romantic comedy movies...

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Uh, apparently they werent smart enough to 'see' the people, so Im thinking if you stayed in the car, you could wait it out. They took stuff from the grocery store, so they should have had food and stuff. I know I couldnt shoot my son unless there was imminent danger. Matter of fact I probably couldnt do it then.

I guess thats the difference in having a kid and saying what you'd do if you did.

I dont know how much gas they had in that thing, but going that slow they should have gotten a lot further.

5. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

Even if you knew you had the choice is ending it for him or letting him have his last few seconds of life being torn apart, you still woulnt do it? I try to put myself in his shoes, he doesnt have the luxury of hindsight, especially when you believe the world has into a hell on earth, who knows how much exactly he has suffered in his mind, it was probably the easiest way out and not have to deal with he thought was going to be a horrible death any second now.

I didnt like the ending though, I thought it was too convieninet that right as he does all that shooting, the army is right around the corner, and made a lot of people say, "if that was me, I would have waited just a bit more."

I dunno, I like the book's ending better.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I like the books ending better as well.

Im not sure why they changed it. Didnt it end with them just driving through the mist? Like there was no real end? It's been so long since I read it. I do remember in the book he hooked up with the blonde in the stock room or something, thats what gave the crazy lady her 'edge' or whatever.

It really wouldnt have been 'oh we're out of gas, let me blow everyones brains out' that I can assure you.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  7. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

If I recall, I think they just drove off into the mist, and it ends like that.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Thats the way the movie should have ended.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Apple trees are small, typically 4–12 m tall at maturity, with a dense, twiggy crown.