The Duke university incident

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, May 3, 2006.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Here seems to be a typical scenario that shows the power of the media to influence people and control them at will. From the evidence that I have read about this case is a mockery of the judicial system. This is Reminiscent of the book "Bonfire of the Vanities" by Tom Wolfe. If you have not read that book please do not watch the movie. Read the book and then after that I encourage you to watch the movie.

2. diogenes

diogenes New Member

You're ignoring the fact that Duke University is an elite university that draws it's roots from the methodist church. The very act of having a stripper at a party violates Duke university's code of ethics, and the fact that it is probable the players did something. The prosecutor is under the control of the liberal media as well, right?

3. chester grape

chester grape New Member

We all are, dio. We all are. :wink:

4. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Damn, it's like brave new world, but with a bunch of lazy people who are to lazy to do anything but accept government hand-outs.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah pretty much. .... You apparently never read the book.

6. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Funny thing is I don't think he is. I think these players think that they should have special priveledges, adn that's not true.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I do not know which player this one is but I would bet it is the only black player on the team.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4136542

Where they cocky? Lets see they were on their way to a championship. Probably acted like a bunch od jackasses.

Does that mean that there was a rape? Nope.

You really should read the book. I'm not kidding.

8. diogenes

diogenes New Member

The trial will show if they commited rape or not. They never should have been in that position in the first place. I don't feel bad for them at all.

9. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Serves them right for playing lacrosse instead of a real sport in the first place.

10. diogenes

diogenes New Member

No shit. They should have known better. Are you a fan of uncontrolled hedonism and rampant pleasure seeking Joe?

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Exactly.

When they did the initial questioning they ruled out the single black player. When they asked the stripper who did it, 'it was these white guys'. Not to mention they found her in the parking lot of a store beligerently intoxicated. Not saying there wasnt a rape though.

Of course if they were Duke basketball players this would have never seen the news.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

This is a typical "if the shoe were on the other foot" scenario. Because the team was from a Methodist collage a school that is supposed to have an ideology based on conservative principals. (a total joke of an assumption) you are perfectly willing to gleefully sit back and watch as they are wrongly convicted in a media storm of bogus representations as to what occurred. See the community worked into frenzy under false assumptions. And that is fine with you.

You have two standards Dio. But you did make a correct point. They did put themselves in a position to be exploited that being said however the only reason there was a risk of being exploited in the first place was. The school was a Methodist school, they were a predominantly white team, and there was a local black community that could be worked into frenzy. The scenario works for the stir the hatred campaign.

Ask yourself the question Dio, whenever the "stir the flames of hatred campaign" is used, who benefits at the polls?
    Whenever the "stirrup the politics of fear" campaign is used who benefits in the polls?
    Whenever the "stirrup dissent against the legal system" is used who benefits in the polls?
    Whenever the "stirrup the jealousy and class warfare" tactic is used who benefits in the polls?

After the people have been told what to think and what it is that they need to do about it. What changes that fixes the system?
    Answer: Nothing but the perception that the stupid masses are led believe to by the media.

You honestly really should read the book and see what WTF I'm talking about. I'm tempted to purchase it for you. Just so that you can if not believe the same perception as me then see where I’m coming from. It is probably not in the public library there at your liberal school because it makes to compelling of a case of how the system uses human nature to manipulate the people.

13. XerxesX

XerxesX New Member

The great Kha-khan once said.

"What is the greatset pleasure ?" and the kha-khan answered; "To kill ones enemy, ride his horses and posess his women". So allso in lacrosse.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

For some reason that makes so much sense now...must resist the urge ... must go

15. phatboy

phatboy New Member

What if we ride the women and posses the horses?

16. smiles

smiles New Member

hey joe.... let's throw a different spin on this.... just for shits and giggles

replace the university with Howard, the lacrosse team with the football team, and make the strippers white..... white America would run with that shit so fucking far that it's not even funny

now let's stop all this speculation and let the prosecutor do his job and what comes out will hopefully be the truth

17. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Howard has a football team?

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Amen to that idea! Now will you please tell the news media to get out the other side of the story?

In your scenario there would be frenzy for sure. I think there would be more balance though.

During the Kobe trial for instance I defended him because of the not so publicized extenuating circumstance.

Fact is the Black community is being stirred up. The terrible and atrocious problem has been aired to them and they know what they (the black community) have to do. Just pawns in a game by the same people they look to as allies.

19. smiles

smiles New Member

i don't know joe i don't see media conspiracy you do.......... black peoples main problem with the justice system is that they don't see it as fair, i visit a site related to hip-hop and i see the things people say and the thing they're most concerned about is an honest belief that if those had been black athletes that someone would've immediately been arrested and charged and that the school would've been forced to cooperate

and as you say that in my scenario there would be more balance..... it would only be so because of the very "bleeding heart liberals" you're always trashing..... all of the hardcore conservative racists would be out forming lynch mobs

E.G. i don't have the link anymore but recently two white men beat to death and sodomized a hispanic youth with a pipe, poured bleach all over the body and the pipe..... and left him to die....... for kissing a 12 year old white girl at a party....... if the media were really out to motivate minorities you don't think they would’ve jumped all over that story?

20. diogenes

diogenes New Member

Joe doesn't take evidence like that into account. It's much to damaging to the fragile platform he bases his politics on.