Sue Lowden's Chickens

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aballister, May 3, 2010.

1. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Republican Sue Lowden from Nevada offered an alternative to the growing problems with the health care system in the United States. She advanced the possibility of "bartering" with your doctors for health care. You know, like they did in the 1800's. She even went on to say that back in the days, you could trade a chicken or paint your doctor's house in exchange of health care services. That is, to say the least, a very stupid idea.

Maybe she meant "negotiating" with your doctor, which means discussing the price until an offer is accepted, rather than "bartering", which means exchanging a good for another. In a bartering system, if you don't possess anything your doctor wants, you die.

Those of us that aren't disconnected with reality pay our bills with something called money. Maybe painting a house was worth a visit to the doctor in 1864, but nowadays, I can hardly picture someone taking a chicken to a doctor for a $40,000 heart surgery.

Health care reform is a dumb idea, but trading chickens is perfectly logical. :rolleyes:

Here she is in all of her dumb glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9o8lVWWDac&feature=related

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Not getting it this is an edited piece of a probably thirty minute conversation where one party suggested alternative options. Then went further to point out past alternatives as an example for instance bartering. What is the problem? We need organs and most people have two kidneys.

3. Carvosso

Carvosso New Member

I read your entire comments then I really impress with your site.There are good information you share here . Thanks for sharing information.I have checked out this website
    and I would like to show this site to my friends to check them out as well.
    Force Factor
    Force Factor Supplements