Strange forum bug that elicits revenue...

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by Lomotil, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

When exactly did Google start whoring out forums under the ruse of thread posts? Throws a whole new wrench in my gears, and makes me adapt to ignoring a whole new protocol.

I mean, it doesn't really bother me (and, thankfully, I haven't noticed it yet on the cell phone), so if it makes money, why not?

I just can't wait to see most of the transients replying to these posts as if they were actual thread replies.

2. Disorder

Disorder New Member

Fugly sold out, it disgusts me.

Good job I dont really come here anymore then isnt it, as its fucking boring and full of ads.

I miss the fugly freak show of days gone by.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

So get freaky and liven up the show.

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

use ad blocker pro in Firefox, the ads disapear

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I wouldn't call it selling out. I wouldn't want to run this place for nothing.

We could click the shit out of them. I've been clicking on a lot of them. I dunno if it helps or not.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Damn... I like that add-on

7. Fugly

Fugly Administrator Staff Member Fugly Staff

YOU disgust me.

8. Disorder

Disorder New Member

I Disgust me too

9. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

Fugly has to make money somehow. The ads are inserted via a modification to the vBulletin software. Blocking the ads just means less hookers for Harlan, that's all.

10. JEFE

JEFE New Member

I do too.

Please explain what you mean when you say, "sold out". What does that mean to you exactly?

11. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

it means that a person sold all the items they had for sale. Say you have concert, and 1000 tickets. you sell all 1000 tickets, hence you "sold out" Kudos!

12. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

You sold out to Google Ads, Jefe! How dare you make money!

13. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Ahh, I see. Well, nothing in life is free and so... yeah. I don't need to explain it.

If anyone is bothered by the very unobtrusive, contextually relevant, clearly identifiable text ads that are on the pages, please accept my sincerest apology. Then go screw yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.