Spider-Man 3

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Schmed, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Schmed

Schmed New Member

A ton of rumors are flying around about this movie right now.

We know for sure that Thomas Haden Church is the Sand-Man.

And we know that Topher Grace (Eric from "That 70's Show") is in the movie also, most likely as Venom. And it has been revealed that Gwen Stacey will be in the movie also. Recently Theresa Russel has been added to the cast as the Sand-Man's wife.Rich Johnston has said that she will be playing the Black-Cat. Untill today when he said that was a typo and she will be playing the Black-Cat's mom. In addition to that we have the loose end of Harry Osborn finding all his fathers Goblin equipment and his seemingly intense hatred of Spidey. Another site did some digging around and got this quote from a supposed contact on the set of Spidey 3...

"All the assumptions that Harry Osborn is the third villain the Hobgoblin are all wrong. Spiderman finds himself out numbered in this one. When everything seems to be at its worst for our hero, he finds himself an unlikely ally, Harry Osborn. Peter Parker's best friend will come to his aide.”

I of course am very excited about any scenario that may happen in this movie.

2. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

They are going to make the same mistake the first Batman films did. All you need is one Villian per movie, maybe a lesser villian working for a big one. Thats about it.

Them bringing Sandman (great casting by the way), Black Cat, and Venom all at once is a bad idea. Venom should have his own movie he can hold a movie alone if done right.

3. Schmed

Schmed New Member

9 out of 10 times I'd agree with you on that Grim, but I have the utmost faith in Sam Raimi's judgement on this one.

4. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I liked the Spiderman Movies, The second more then the first. But I still think the Blade Movies are the best Comic to Film movies. They might not be the best movies per say. But they did the comic justice.

5. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I think the X-Men franchise has the best comic movies out there right now myself. I hated Blades, utterly loathed them, thought the comics were sub-par also. I never saw the third Blade movie and I walked out pretty ealry during the second one. Just my opinion though, I know those movies did pretty decent in the box office, then agin so did the Matrix movies....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the hell? Eric from that 70's show? God I knew they'd ruin it. That dude who went to the moon in the last movie should of been venom...

7. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Well I agree & I don't. For one thing Venom in the comic is played by a muscle bond knuckle head who is a rival to Parker. So Eric does not fit that bill even tho he is a very good actor.

The guy who went to the moon or mars or whatever would work but they would go away from the comic once again which i hate.

8. Schmed

Schmed New Member

OK at the risk of sounding too much likea geek (far too late for that I'm sure) I will break down Venom for you. I was collectiing comics when he was created I still ahve his first appearence that I bought when I was probably about 12 years old.

Venom is Eddie Brock who was a journalist for a tabloid paper. He broke a story on another character at the time called Sin Eater, a person approached Eddie and confessed to being Sin Eater. Eddie went to the paper with the story and it was printed, just days later Spidey busted the real Sin Eater turning Eddie and his story into a joke. Eddie went into a deep depression blaming Spider-Man for all his problems and went to a church to commit suicide. Now flash back years earlier.
    Spider-Man was on a planet with most of the other heros and villans from the Marvel Universe, a battle planet created by a godly being to watch all the Marvel Universe earth heros and villans do battle (don't ask). On trhis planet he aquired a new suit, it created its own webbing for him and could change appearences from regular clothes to the suit, a black and white SPidey suit. Peter later came to find out this suit was a organic being trying to bond permanently in a symbiotic relationship with him, Peter rejected the suit and it resented him for it eventually attacking him. It's only known weakness at the time was sonics, Peter lead it to a church duringa heated battle, got the thing in the bell tower and rang the bell repeatedly unitll the intense sound killed it, or so he thought. Then enter Eddie Brock going to a church to commit suicide, well the two hit it off since the person they hated where one in the same Peter/Spidey and formed Venom. Eddie was already a big guy and continued to lift weights since the living suit amplified the wearers natural strength.

Now in the 1996 animated series they told a different story, JJ jamesons son. the smae son that went ot the moon in the movie broughtt hte suit back from the moon and it got on spidey. But thats not real like the comics!

Shwew, I need to go punch a dork or something to get this stench of geek off me now.

9. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Didn't Eddie Brock get kicked out of Jamenson's office right before Peter Parker comes in in Spiderman?

10. Schmed

Schmed New Member

In the first movie yes he did, it was a cameo. Same with Peter's one armed professor, D. Conners. That's the Lizard. And in the origianl teaser for the first SPider-Man movie. the one that had the twin towers in it. There were some bank robbers, and in the bank there was a picture of Dr Otto Octavius (olooked nothing like Alfred Molina) but it was a little nod to the fans.

11. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Do NOT talk to me like I don't know about Spiderman you son of a bitch!

12. Schmed

Schmed New Member

13. Totalrecall1982

Totalrecall1982 New Member

Do you have Venom Letal protector? I have it ,wonder if it will ever be worth anything?

14. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Yeah I have it, and no it won't be worth anything.. I'm assuming you mean issue #1 of the series... its worth it's cover price, maybe in 200 years.....

15. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Sony has also said that this picture isn't black and white, that it is the black costume (Venom). Im not sure why they didn't go with the original black costume with the giant white spide on it and opted for the same costume just black...but that's how it is.

16. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

I think that's still Spiderman, they just gave him the black costume to emphasize that Venom was gonna be around, or some gay shit like that.

17. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Yeah that is spidey, just in the black outfit, I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't.

18. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

19. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

i just keed

20. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

I wonder if MJ's bitch-side will come out (before she DIEZ!)!