So what films are you watching?

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by stymie, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

As I have mentioned before, "The Night Porter" is one of my all time favorites.

Come on....the DVD cover alone is worth the buy.

Beyond that, it is a pretty big variety....from pseudo-romantic medieval trash (Queen Margot) right down to more intellectually compelling items (Bumfights Vol. 1).

P.S. Lomo, I picked up "Meet the Feebles" on DVD. It's a piece of work.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Hell yeah, UE! Dat's my nigga! Would you mind snapping a quick pic of the DVD case (front/back)? I'd like to see if it's the same one I have... Also, my copy was second-hand, did yours come with any kind of 'insert' inside, or was it just the disc?

Also, 'xXx' was pretty good too... I picked it up the other night, and as soon as I heard the opening music (Rammstein - complete with a concert scene), I knew I'd fucking love it. Also has Union Underground (S.A. representin' yo ), Flaw, and some others...

3. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

gee, before i tried slashing my wrists with Milk Duds and a plastic straw, i believe i was physically forced to view "Maid in Manhattan" with J.Lo and her huge ass. i would have been happier if i was left alone with the straw and the paper wrapper it came in. the candy kept me entertained though- picked the caramel out of my teeth for 2 fucking hours. ANYTHING TO DIVERT MY ATTENTION!

if you should have the need to punish or torture anybody, strap them to a chair and make them watch it.

4. cardBOARD box homie

cardBOARD box homie New Member

'X' is a good movie if you are into anime and gore. enemy at the gates was really good and the best movie i have seen all last year had to have been hannibal

5. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

As far as anime goes,you can't go wrong with Akira or Ninja Scrolls(I will never get used to watching cartoon characters fuck though).

But regular movies,I'd have to say Office Space is bad ass. Apocalypse Now redux is pretty dope too,Dead Alive,The Fisher King(Robin William's best movie), Wu-Tang's Iron Armor.

I'm gonna stop now cause I could go on forever.

6. stymie

stymie New Member

Yeah the Fisher King is well worth a mention but fave films of all time are too hard to call, for me scent of a woman was brilliant, Al Pacinos finest hour, well three to be pedantic (although Scarface was pure class) and the shawshank redemption will feature in my top 10. Schindler's list, one flew over the cuckoo's nest, shit I better stop.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenAppleSplatters:
    Dead Alive<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell yeah... that, and some motherfucker mentioned Office Space... Fuckin' hell yeah. You bastards have better movei taste than I imagined...

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Keep in mind kids that Lomo has, "Beaches" in his collection and a poster of Bette Midler in his bedroom. autographed

9. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Audio-Video Bliss:
    Hell yeah... that, and some motherfucker mentioned Office Space... Fuckin' hell yeah. You bastards have better movei taste than I imagined...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was me you jackhole, lay off the vicodin....jeez.

10. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

pixel rapist: hannibal was a great book... but i've tried to watch the film twice and fell asleep both times...

stymie: i agree.. scent of a woman is a great film

11. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Audio-Video Bliss:
    Hell yeah, UE! Dat's my nigga! Would you mind snapping a quick pic of the DVD case (front/back)? I'd like to see if it's the same one I have... Also, my copy was second-hand, did yours come with any kind of 'insert' inside, or was it just the disc?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is the cover image I took from Amazon.com (I have to reinstall my webcam software):

It's most likely the exact same one you have. I don't think they ever put an insert in it, as I don't have one either. With the kind of buzz that Peter Jackson got with LOTR, it's kind of surprising, that they didn't make more of a collector's edition of the Feebles. But you know what? If they did, they would then charge about thirty dollars or so for it, whereas brand new, it is only about thirteen now, so I'm not complaining.

(They should do a theater run with it. I would love to see it on the big screen with a bunch of other drunkards....)

12. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You must've gotten the newer version of it (which I've been looking for, to no avail) - Here's a pic of both the front and back of my copy, I think it's either the New Zealand version (all-region encoded) or an international version (bear in mind, this was purchased used before the movie was even sold in the US...)

Here's what mine looks like, I snapped a couple quick pics:

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    Keep in mind kids that Lomo has, "Beaches" in his collection and a poster of Bette Midler in his bedroom. autographed<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know who the fuck that is, but she's *definitely* spank material...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenAppleSplatters:
    That was me you jackhole, lay off the vicodin....jeez.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, if you see any vicodin 'round here, hollar.