So what films are you watching?

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by stymie, Jan 4, 2003.

1. stymie

stymie New Member

Been out today spending my christmas money on some dvd's to add to my collection.

1 Minority report: Really good this, special effects were top notch as was the acting, a few weird moments but a good solid film.

2 Ali G in da house: I pissed myself laughing at this, shit acting, (apart from Michael Gambon) shit everything really but very very funny. I think you will only appreciate this if you are a brit.

3 Spiderman: So so film this, sort of enjoyed it but the poor script and acting was only held together by the special effects.

4 51st state: I saved the best until last. The best film I have seen since god knows, real funny, erm... well just watch it, for me the film has it all. The cream of brit talent: Robert Carlyle, Ricky Tomlinson?? and from across the pond S L Jackson (who incidentally wears a kilt throughout)

Toying with the idea of buying LOTR but I will have to save some cash, the above films have left me near destitute.

Recommendations welcome here, what you all been watching?

2. battlesausage

battlesausage New Member

I got the true romance dvd for Christmas. The scene with Chris Walken and Dennis Hopper is fucking gold.

3. stymie

stymie New Member

That the bit in the trailer?

4. kat

kat New Member

i got The Shining on dvd for a belated bday gift,we got Lord of the Rings special ediion, umm,The Fast and the Furious..meh and a shitload of others,cant remember them all,just named my favs

5. ross_perot

ross_perot New Member

I got a bunch of little teenage girlie movies from my sister...i think she wanted to keep thrm since she knew i wouldn't like them.

It was like not another teen movie, whatever it takes, coyote ugly, cruel intentions and cruel intentions 2. Oh yes and the sound of music and les miserbales.....

I really love all those movies..makes me feel all good inside!!

6. kitana

kitana New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ross perot:
    ...makes me feel all good inside!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

like me?

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I watched "Clockwork Orange" for the first time yesterday. What a fucked up movie.

8. ross_perot

ross_perot New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    I watched "Clockwork Orange" for the first time yesterday. What a fucked up movie.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But the rape scene is so moving....yeah it is a fucked up movie...kinda as fucked up as the double ended dildo scene in Requiem for a dream.

And yes Kit you make me feel all good inside...like a breath of fresh air in my ass!

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Clockwork Orange...... Damn fine movei.

Might I recommend a 'cult favorite' that doesn't get much press... the Feebles" - one of Peter Jackson's earlier moveis (before he did the Lord of the Rings moveis) Trust me, if you can actually find it, it's worth the fucking price of admission. Last I heard, Amazon.com was selling it for under $20. I happened to find the New Zealand version at a local CD reseller for a mere $15 - best fucking fifteen dollars I've ever spent. Try THIS LINK for a movie clip from it that makes me split my side laughing to this day...

Other than that, might I recommend "Fear and Loating in Las Vegas" and the "Pulp Fiction" collector's edition......

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

That was "Meet the Feebles" - don't know why the link fucked with me... Hit it anyway, should give you the right site.......

11. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

Leon...'nuff said.

12. theonlylivingboy

theonlylivingboy New Member

Try "Angelheart" - DeNiro, Rourke. Its massively underated and the scenes with Mickey Rourke knocking fuck out of Lisa Bonnet rock.

13. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

Top film that "Angelheart' well done Stymie you Jonathan Wossy you...

*saunters off to peel an eggshell intact*

14. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

Stymie? Stymie? Sorry TOLB my mistake... Long time no see btw...

15. theonlylivingboy

theonlylivingboy New Member

Cheers Dub, my 'poota at work keeps blocking me from the site and I'm usually too busy at home drinking and stuff, so don't get much time to interface with you wonderful people
    Happy new year btw

16. stymie

stymie New Member

Oh I forgot to mention my shite purchase,

Jet Li in "The one" The action scenes are ok but the rest of the film sucks, and crocodile hunter. I got this cos my son loves crocodiles and snakes etc, I just can't stand that stupid cunt Steve Irwin. Wouldn't it be some kind of poetic justice if one if one of those crocs ripped his fuckin head off? I would pay to see that.

Thanks for that Australia.

17. Cumbler

Cumbler New Member

Blade II does it for me... I lust want to know, "Can you blush?"

18. Cumbler

Cumbler New Member

*Just*
    Alcohol has got so much to blame...

19. kat

kat New Member

Fear and Loathing owns,has to be one of the funniest fucking movies ive ever seen,i swear,lol "quick...somebody tell me about those fucking golf shoes!!!"

And btw,Blade 1 was much better than Blade 2

20. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

Just watched the complete 1st series of "The Office" and pissed myself laughing, fuckin hilarious.