Sjrogren's syndrome

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by improtected, Feb 17, 2007.

1. improtected

improtected New Member

do any of you know anything about sjrogren's syndrome, specifically it with the combination of RA?
    thanks a million

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ah how about this is the effect of an inapropriate balance in body fluids or better yet the lack of fluids a symptom caused by various reasons. Having the effect of discomfort in joints and in the case of arthritis an amplification of exsisting symptoms?

3. improtected

improtected New Member

yeah i totally agree with that..unfortunately pt doesn't like the taste of water... the symptoms are unreal - needs to take a close look at lifestyle for sure. i've introduced her to a colostrum-based immune builder

4. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Ask Michelle. He knows everything.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I've managed to get myself extreamly dehydrated in the winter time more so than during the summer. Basically I do not seem to feel thirsty if I am not hot. I'll drink a few cups of coffee in the morning and then thats all sometimes if I'm really busy and not think about drinking. I go out that night and end up having mixed drinks. Next morning even if I did not tie one on the night before really just social drinks I can tell I'm really dehydrated and my joints ache. After spending a day concentrating on making sure I down some water I'm fine again.

6. Michelle

Michelle New Member

7. improtected

improtected New Member

great information, thanks for the link. it hits everything on the head... pt can't wear contacts, dry mouth with sores, cavities, the sores in her nose are painful and unreal..and she can't get relief from neosporin anymore - they're too far up in the nose which makes me worry about sinuses. the sores in the sinus cavity can cause some real problems. fortunately she has an ENT appt. this morning, but i've been concerned all weekend. where are all of the magic pills?