Sherrif Joe Arpaio for president!

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I love this he makes his inmates pedal a bike to generate power to turn on a television set if they want TV.

Arpaio gets inmates moving on electricity-generating cycles

2. Aballister

Aballister New Member

What about the cost of rigging these things up? And don't tell me that the cost is recovered from the electricity "saved" by pedaling, a TV set can be turned on all day and it only consumes a fraction of a household's energy bill.

Inmates cost over $100K/yearly to feed, watch, and heal when they get shanked. Isn't that expensive enough?

This is absurd, if inmates are fat, fuck 'em. How much does it cost per bike to rig it up? You have to purchase some kind of turbine to accumulate the friction, a transformer to convert the energy, and adapters to hook the TV sets.
    I call bullshit on that program. Now THAT is a pork program.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  4. bigpappadiaz

bigpappadiaz Member

What's wrong with Obama? He's doing a good enough job as it is.

5. Aballister

Aballister New Member

But it still is a cost. Although I do appreciate the quote on Iraq soldiers enduring heat. I don't know, I hate to think of inmates getting it easy in jail, that's a big problem in Canada, inmates are treated like kings.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I worked at the Jail in Nashville it like a big ass romper room with MTV raps going 24/7. Fuck that if I was in charge all they would be allowed to watch would be educational stuff or old sitcoms like The Andy Griffith Show. Stupid asses would have to wear pink jump suits and wear them correctly or go to isolation. And no smartass attitude either. Being a jail guard is a shit detail job I'll tell you that.