Sending off my 360 for the 2nd time.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TheGrimJesus, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

there is a buttoncombo that actually clears the CACHE and ram, it escapes mer right now, it's really nice on elder scrolls. But Bethesda was nice enough to make the 360 lock up before it over heats.

2. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

yeah I did the cache clear combo. Everything is working fine today. I almost want to call and cancel and wait til Sept when the 65 nim chips start going in.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Hey, post the button combo.

4. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Go to the system blade and then select memory.

Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

Performing this function will also clear any software updates.

*Edit*

I was playing Transformers again this time Autobot side and everything was fine til i got to Iron hide section.

He was the boss that the fight was causing problems on last night.

5. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

there is another one too you can do during gameplay, it dosent delete patches, it just frees up ram.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

She said she might have an extended warranty somewhere, which she'll give me when (and if) she finds it. Otherwise, how would I go about purchasing a warranty on a system that I didn't buy new?

7. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

call xbox, call your local gamestop, or put a couple of billiard balls in a tube sock, then slap it as hard as you can across Joe's wife's ugly face.

8. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

So, will you immediately download the updates next time online but still have cleared the cache and RAM? What are the updates doing for us at this point?

9. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

yes

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I bought my boyfriend his 360 last November and haven't had any problems with it. Must be lucky, I guess.

11. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I'd give it a month or two. Everyone I know who has one is at least on his 2nd or 3rd. What the count in here?

Moskau - 3rd upcoming
    MAJ H - 3rd upcoming
    Dwaine?
    phatboy?

How many have y'all burned up?

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im on the 3rd.

I guess once I get one that dies out of warranty I will disect it and see how it can be improved upon. Then have Dwaine blow some glass cases for the new incarnations and sell them on eBay as YBOX. Then we can make a smaller pink version call the PBOX.