Rodgers Coming Out

Discussion in 'Sports' started by MAJ Havoc, Sep 9, 2008.

1. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I thought Aaron Rodgers looked pretty solid in last nights Packers/Vikings game. He had a fitting baptism when he scored on a sneak, spiked the ball, and executed his first Lambeau Leap. I was happy for him. He didn't break 200 yards but would have if an "Illegal Receiver Downfield" penalty hadn't cost the Pack a 73 yard TD strike to Don Driver. He had a few overthrown balls and a sack when he should have thrown the ball away but had no picks on the night.

Later in the Broncos/Raiders game, Jay Cutler looked pretty confident under center. I think he has the "swagger" that the sports writers love to discuss.

2. Piggy Piggy

Piggy Piggy New Member

I like the way you put that. It reminds me of the Mr Roger's theme song. "Won't you be my neighbor?"

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

looks like the honeymoons over.

4. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

A-Rod had a game with 290 yds, a TD, and no picks. He just got sacked 5 times and his offense got overshadowed by Dallas'. I think he'll be ok.

On a side note, which team with a bad record will want to sign Matt Stafford at the end of the year? Will he push Croyle to the bench at KC?

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

HE'S COMING BACK!!!!!

:)

I think he would be a good fit in Minnesota. They have a ton of weapons and just need the arm to get the ball to them...

6. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I think so, too but they may win too many games to get the high pick. The "0-fers" so far:

Bengals: Carson Palmer ain't going anywhere
    Browns: Got Brady Quinn on the bench
    Detriot: Good fit - lose Kitna, get Stafford
    Houston: Matt Schaub may not be the answer but will they draft another QB that high?
    KC: Hmmmm, could be
    ST Louis: Maybe

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

He would probably Elway em, like Eli Manning did.

'Screw you guys, Im not playing there'

:)

Of course Richt has a way of getting guys to stay that extra year. Pollack and Greene both stayed, hell he kept DJ Shockley on the bench almost his whole career at UGA and he stayed...(I figured he would have transferred).

8. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Could we just stick to SEC football? I don't have the brain capacity for professional sports.