Question for you Brits

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by brookie, Aug 7, 2002.

1. brookie

brookie New Member

I got a question for you British folks here at fugly. I remember seeing a TV show on Nickelodeon when I was like 7 (1983) that was made in Britain. It came on right after "The Tomorrow People".

All I can remember about it was this family that were really monsters. These two kids were snooping around and discovered what they really were and tried to expose them. The only thing I remember about the monsters was that they would slide along inside these tubes underground (they looked like a ball of hair if I remember correctly). Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? I'm trying to figure out what it was. Maybe you guys can help.

2. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dubya G Grace:
    Sapphire & Steel maybe?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now that was a fucking top programme..

3. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

Nah... I say the best British kids shows (or children's programmes) were Danger Mouse and Count Duckula. Penfold (core blimey chief) and Nanny (I'lllll get iiiiiit!!! CRASH! "Order a new front door, Igor.) were the bomb.

4. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

dangermouse and count duckula, made by the people who brought you 'wallace and grommit'

that maybe so minister, but sapphire and steel wasn't a childrens program... it was seriously fucked up too...

5. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

Whoa... I just checked out a web site on Saphire and Steel. It looks cool. I was a huge Dr. Who fan in the 80s. Too bad this time adventure show never made it to our shores (at least not to detroit).

It sounds kind of Lovecraft-y. And was the Lumley lady related to Brian Lumley? I wonder...

6. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR> Blake's 7 anyone? Sapphire & Steel maybe?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blakes 7 fuck me what a program,avon(he was a cool fucker)avon(he was a soft funny fucker)orac(that clever little computer in a glassbox with a set of xmas lights in it)and that fit bitch out of dempsey and makepeace and she was fast as fuck on the draw eeerrrr glynis barber i think..........................fuck me how stoned am i?????

7. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

the soft funny fucker was called villa i put avon twice you thick fucking druggie tommy

8. Yummy

Yummy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tommy710:
    the soft funny fucker was called villa i put avon twice you thick fucking druggie tommy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey don't be mean to Tommy

9. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

On the ball there Badass, this programme did indeed exist and the thing that I do remember vividly about this dodgy-wobbly set Sci-Fi feast, was they had special belts, which when they pressed the buckle they used to time travel..

Scared the shit out of me big time that did, mind you I was about 7 at the time...

Blake's 7 anyone? Sapphire & Steel maybe?

10. stymie

stymie New Member

I think it was >aliens in the family<, but that was around 1988

11. mOuLDeH

mOuLDeH New Member

tommy - u were probs cained after a very small chug of a very small bong

12. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

hehehehehehehehe and he's here too lol.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maryland Badass:
    Maybe you guys can help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, bro... I only watched domestic teevee... Go Rosie! Go Oprah! Go Geraldo! (um... fuckin' NOT! )

[ August 09, 2002: Message edited by: Antichrist Lomotil ]