!Plane crash into building in Tampa!

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by ratatouille, Jan 5, 2002.

1. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

maybe it's on the nat'l news, another plane hit Bank of America in downtown Tampa. I gotta go see what the fuck is happening.

2. kitana

kitana New Member

take your camera!

3. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

LOMO!!!

4. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

a 15 yr old pilot in a Cessna 172 hit the 20th floor of the Bank of America skyscraper in downtown Tampa around 5pm. All the surrounding airspace is shut down for security (St. Pete, Tampa) The coast guard had been following him for a while, nobody knows why. no injuries reported yet. it's a 4 seater plane. they think it was an accident, not terrorism. that's all I got so far. This is RAT reporting to you live for FUGLY.COM.

5. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

apparently he was an "English" student from a flight school, perhaps from the UK, who took the plane and the Coast Guard was trying to direct him to the next airport so that he would land, but instead he lowered the plane and crashed into the building. he was traveling at a low speed and was not flying erratically. this kid flew over the Port of Tampa and McDill Airforce Base where there is hightened security, and he wasn't supposed to be flying there. no one has actually said he stole the plane yet. they are all "speculating" at this point. someone tell me, has this made the news where you live??

6. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

The kid was a student pilot, waiting for the instructor, but then took the plane by himself. It was an unauthorized take-off and he flew into a restricted airspace. There is a law firm where he hit the building, and there were people inside. Still no injuries reported. Because the plane is so small, the crash has not compromised the structure of the building from what they can tell. The tail of the plane is hanging from the side of the building, they are waiting for it to fall. There has been no fire or smoke reported. I cannot take pictures because it is dark, and they have sealed off an area of 2-3 blocks. For those of you in the area, the Ringling Brothers Circus is still scheduled to run, but will be starting 15 minutes late. Maybe I can get Bridget the Midget to take some snapshots for me. She could probably sneak through that barracade...

7. Fetus

Fetus New Member

What is it with us brits and blowing planes up?

8. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by No Fetus Can Beat Us:
    What is it with us brits and blowing planes up?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now they are saying it was a kid from FL. So we can't blame another county for this one. He had 2 years flight experience. Air traffic controllers tried to make radio contact with him, but he declined....IN other news a commuter flight in Boulder, CO has crashed. This has been Rat reporting to you live for FUGLY.COM news, I'm, signing off unless something else really newsworthy comes up. This is boring me now.

9. kitana

kitana New Member

damn! come on Rat! i want 24-7 news reports on this

10. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

Hmm, we'll see what the FAA has to say tomorrow along with his mom and granny. Also, maybe they'll step it up with the flight recorder and see if he actually did speak to anybody, but the preliminary reports said he did not answer any of his radio calls. The fucking retard.

11. kitana

kitana New Member

but no deaths?

12. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

i have no idea anymore. this reporter has a marathon mutherfucking migraine and i am going to end up in the ER if it doesn't go away soon. i think i am going to go puke up my darvocet and diet coke now. if i do, i'll take pics and post them just for you, kit.

13. kitana

kitana New Member

ooh, thanx, but i think u had better lie down then, i dont want to have a fuglyite memorial for Rat

14. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

oooooh, i'm gonna die. it hurts so bad i am going to cry.

here's a link to the news article.
    plane crash

15. kitana

kitana New Member

ooh, i wonder what he looks like now... i say suicide...

16. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by parasite kit:
    ooh, i wonder what he looks like now... i say suicide...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    looks that way.

17. kitana

kitana New Member

no, i want to see what his body looks like, autopsy photos and all

18. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

I'm thinking hamburger meat with the occasional flash of splintered bone.

19. kitana

kitana New Member

maybe?

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I heard today that they found either notes or a witness to read/hear him "Expressing his sorrow for bin Laden..."

Who knows.