Only good screensaver MS ever made?

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Dwaine Scum, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

2. Emetic

Emetic New Member

I don't want to hear people (like sparky) whine about "it dont work and my PC freezes"
    You don't ?

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emetic:
    I don't want to hear people (like sparky) whine about "it dont work and my PC freezes"
    You don't ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

think about it E... if that happens, they expect people like you or me to help them... only thing I can help them do is format back to windows 95

4. AzN NvAzN

AzN NvAzN New Member

I no get screen saver to work on my computer! do it work on apple macntosh?

5. PinkorBrown69

PinkorBrown69 New Member

Organic has always been my favourite. Still is I think...

6. sparky69

sparky69 New Member

dude i bet that my pc is 50 times betta than yers

7. Emetic

Emetic New Member

It may be, Spunk, it just may be -- but that would make this whole thing only sadder.

8. Emetic

Emetic New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AzN NvAzN:
    ...screen saver... do it work on apple macntosh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I just checked the Microsoft Knowledge Base and yes, it does work on Macs, too. Download it & try it - if not, you must be doing something wrong.

9. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

I have a pentium 1 133 mHz with 512 megs of ram..

10. Emetic

Emetic New Member

Okay, Spark, don't leave us hanging - tell us about that slammin' bawx you're running: does it look as kewl as that green Ibanez??

11. Emetic

Emetic New Member

Hey, I don't mind helping people like Spunky.

Spunk, if that screensaver locks up your 486, it's probably because your computer was built well before the screensaver file was written, so it doesn't understand the new MS screensaver format.

All you need to do is "reprogram" your computer so it can handle the new image formats - this will be helpful with many other new file types, so you may as well do it sooner rather than later. MS even includes a DOS utility for doing this reprogramming.

The 4 easy steps:

1) Open a MS-DOS prompt window.
    2) Type in (without the quotes) "FORMAT C:" ("C" means so you can see these images in the future)
    3) When it asks you if you really want to do this, type "Y" Ignore the other gobbledygook - it's just typical MS licensing info
    4) Press Enter/Return

The reprogramming will take awhile - go practice some guitar licks for a half-hour or so. When you come back, your computer will be reprogrammed and ready for use.