One of many things I drank last night

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Every once in a while, my grocery store surprises me by bringing in a new item... Last night, I found this:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>From the bottle:
    ar*ro*gance n. -
    The act or quality of being arrogant; undue assumption; overbearing conceit; haughty.

Arrogant Bastard Ale. This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory --- maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it's made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you're mouthing your words as you read this.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, ever the sucker for a gimmick, I tried this ABA, at $4 a bottle, and it's not that fucking bad. Give it a day in court, if you have the chance.

Oh, and by the way... if you don't like Guinness - forget trying this beer.

2. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friar Bitchicus Slapiticus:
    From the bottle:
    ar*ro*gance n. -
    The act or quality of being arrogant; undue assumption; overbearing conceit; haughty.
    Arrogant Bastard Ale. This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory --- maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it's made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you're mouthing your words as you read this.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMFAO. Good label, I'll have to find a bottle just to have around. Tequila fuckin owned my ass last night. I passed out sittin in a chair. I'm not talkin about a cushy la-z boy type of chair, it was one of those straight backed, dining room type of chairs. My roommate said that my eyes were open, too. Freaky...

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I hate it when I do that shit... were your eyes all 'gooked up' when you woke up? Everything blurry until you blink a few thousand times?

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Here's that beer's website, btw...

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Actually, skip all the bullshit and go to the Arrogant Bastard site itself...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>To view the Arrogant Bastard Ale site,
    you must first agree to the following:

<LI>I am of worthy stance in the jurisdiction from which I am accessing this page to access pages containing material of Full Frontal Arrogance.

<LI>In consideration for the permission to view the Arrogant Bastard Ale pages, I indemnify the publisher, the service provider and the Stone Brewing Co. from any insults, insecurities, and ego damages incurred by the viewing or retrieving of such materials by me.

<LI>I acknowledge that the material contained herein may be contrary to the multi-million dollar ad campaigns conducted by large brewing companies I may or may not have been fool enough to believe in the past.

<LI>I am not a fizzy yellow beer drinking ninny here under false pretenses.

<LI>I am at least 21 years of age.
    [/list]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

6. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

Of all the different brands of beer I have had, this one has to be my favorite.

I was fortunate enough to acquire a couple of packs of this over Xmas season a few years ago, and this shit put me under the fucking table.

If they would only brew it year-round....

7. 1337

1337 New Member

YA HA HA BEEEERS!! OH YEAH!!

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulfur Engil:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice...