Old Bay

Discussion in 'Fizood' started by JEFE, Jun 4, 2008.

1. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Here's a standing offer (for as long as it lasts):

Send me your mailing address and I'll ship you a standard 6oz. tin of Old Bay. All I want in return is for you to try it and report back here if you like it.

There's no need to post your address here, just send it to me at jeffmezick at gmail and include your Fugly handle.

No strings attached.

2. JEFE

JEFE New Member

No takers? I promise, it's sealed and totally safe for human consumption.

3. Lyseria

Lyseria New Member

What the fuck is old bay....

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Its seasoning salt, like Lawrys and stuff.

Its good for the money.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Isn't McCormick sold everywhere?

6. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Oh. I guess it is the 21st century and all. I keep forgetting. I was going to send some out on the next stage coach but yeah, I guess you probably could just go to the store and buy some.

Ok, so nevermind this thread.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I didn't mean to burst your bubble. I could be wrong.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Damn you!!! He was sending free condiments!!!! (I guess seasoning is considered a condiment)

:)

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The idea is good though. I think it would be cool to send local stuff around.

I live on Nickles bread. I go through 2+ loaves a week (6 slices a day), but I think they only sell to a few states around here. You could lure me out of a coma with one of their cherry fruit rolls. I can eat the whole 6 pack in one sitting.

Even their song makes me happy.

http://www.nicklesbakery.com/

10. JEFE

JEFE New Member

I don't know what I was thinking. I assumed that Old Bay was only available in or near Maryland.

11. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

There's some stuff here called "Southern Flavor" made in Selma, AL that's for steak, fish, eggs, salad (according to the label) that I like. I assume it's not available outside a 200 miles radius. I guess that'd be my contribution.

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I looked today, Jefe. It wasn't in the McCormick section with the spices. But I did find it in the freezer section by the shrimp, lobster and whatnot. However, I'm only 5-6 hours from Baltimore, so we'd probably have it anyway.

Utz chips use it in their crab flavored chips. Anyone else familiar with Utz?

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I tried to eat one of those chips.

Yuckcity. I spit it out.