Oh I am mad

Discussion in 'Cars' started by BIGMAMA, Apr 15, 2009.

1. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I have expressed my interest in the Toyota FJ Cruiser... well my dad calls me today (and he is like a car expert) says there is a white one his buddy got at the auction. 2007 - has 28k miles... buddy got it for 6k and needs to pay some bills (I guess taxes) and says it runs great... will sell to me for 7k ... I am like wooohooo. I run all the way out there... thinking of a funky color to paint it... started thing of a funky green or purple... all excited... I get there.. and it is a Chevy PT Cruiser. A PT NOT FJ - big difference.. not even the same damn company. Not even the same style... anyway - my heart was broke and filled with disappointment. Then both of them keep trying to sell the shitty PT. Saying it is great deal... then he came down to 6k... I am like - dude, I only drove out here because I thought it was an FJ CRUISER... and both of them were like ...WTF is a FJ.

The guy is like- get in it and test drive it... I am like.. um no. Now my dad is all pissed off at me. I told him to buy the fucking car if it so damn great. Then my dad calls me a snob. I will get him back on this...asshole... why in the hell would think I wanted an ugly PT Cruiser... it is smaller then the car I have now. This goes to show how "Connected" and in touch my father is with me and my family. He says... "it would be a good first car for Evan... " um Evan is 9. Fucking idiot

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Those cars are ugly and dorky. I would have been pissed too. And 7k isn't really that good of a deal for one. They resell super cheap because they don't hold their value. He wouldn't have got 6k if he tried to trade it in on a new car at the dealer.

I hate the interior probably more than the exterior. That long stick knob gear shifter is retarded. I'm all for bring back the old body styles, but let's NEVER bring back the old interior.

That's an old people car anyway. Not something a 31 year-old woman would want to drive. I know because I am one. :biggrin:

3. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I mean they are ok... if you they are free, but you dont down grade. I was so excited but nervous... wondering why the price was so low. I kinda want a big ugly colored suv. Like lime green or puke green. or purple... but my sister says only black people have purple cars. I also had planned in my head ... hmm since I spend so little on it, I should get one of those auto wraps... I could design a continuous cat and dog wallpaper like design.

I still mad, went on craigslist to look up FJs um - I would have to sell the Element to get one. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/1109014016.html

now you see why I flew out there to scoop up the 7k one.

I Guess that was an ok deal for 6k...if you want a PT... it had lower miles then this one http://atlanta.craigslist.org/ctd/1122111689.html

I was thinking the octomom could use this
    http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/1103606629.html

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The PT Cruiser is built on the Neon frame, and you can by them for less than 10k brand new from the dealer.

If you like green or purple, and would like to paint a vehicle one of those colors, I might offer a couple of ideas. The dodge color 'sublime green' is a light green and 'plumb crazy purple' is a darker metallic purple. They painted some of their most popular vehicles these colors, plus it looks better than that baby blue shit they put on the FJ.

5. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I can BY them... ??? hehe we need an edit button.

I kinda want a big old Eddir Bauer edition Bronco... my mom had a convertable one I think an 85 ... it was cool. It was big and redneck... But I know if I found an old car it would be all fucked up

I still want to auto wallpaper a car in cats

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I think the FJ looks like a wannabe Hummer.

We had a big old Bronco when I was a kid. It was so loud. I have a picture of it. I'll have to post it sometime. It had a tv built in the dash. That was high tech shit back in the 80's. It was only about an inch big and it was black and white but it was a big deal to me.

I learned to drive in a Bronco II. I would love to find one in good shape.

I like purple cars... dark purple. I like black cars and that's about it. I will only buy a black car or a pretty purple one.

I saw a pretty colored Cobalt for sale last year. It was amethyst I think. It was a light purple, but it was really pretty.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Oh, and dark gray. I would drive a dark gray car. But I hate white, red and gold. The rest of the colors are just blah to me.