Never learnt my lesson...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Tojo Burbage, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

...first time round.

I got a phone call from an old mate yesterday and we arranged to meet up for a lunchtime session.

I don't know about you, but daytime drinking fucks me up no end now (don't have the stamina anymore) so we sorted a few 'bits n pieces' which would give us the neccessary strength for the day and evening ahead.

All is going well, got a nice buzz building up, beers are going down nicely, good weed in hand and then he suggest getting a round of Absinthe in.

Now, I know a few people here have dabbled in the 'green fairy' (Ulf) but I am here as a living victim to tell you this. I strongly suggest that you do not mix, Absinthe, Red Stripe (a very strong Jamican lager) powder, puff and pills as the end result is catastrophic.

I have no recollection of the hours 6.30pm yesterday onwards until 8.30 this morning...I completely blacked out. However, what is more remarkable is I somehow managed to get a girl's telephone number and she called me this morning to ask if we're still on for our lunch date next week.

Of course I said yes, although I have absolutely no idea who she is or what she looks like, (although knowing me she's probably quite fit, as I set my benchmark high)

I am just about to go back to the pub I was in yesterday to find out if I am barred or if I owe anyone an apology. Also, the little day of hilarity and high jinks set me back the best part of £150 (all inclusive)
    so as a result I'm having a quiet weekend.

In conclusion, avoid Absinthe unless you're a fucking booze monster, it's a killer. The last time I had it (Prague) had exactly the same result. Why didn't I just follow my common sense and avoid it again...

2. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

Don't ever mix Absinthe with ANYTHING else. If you decide to have it, stick with that during the whole drinking session.

The one time I mixed it with other alcohols, I ended up (in no particular order):

1. Chasing someone around with a knife (I seem to end up doing that a lot, anyway).

2. Screaming German into a microphone at a local bar.

3. Hitting on some obviously married woman, whose husband was too shocked to do anything about it. I'm lucky I didn't get killed for that....

4. Puking my guts up at a friends bathroon later that night. Although, my old gf said that I had the best aim of anyone she ever saw getting sick.

If you opt to have Absinthe, have nothing but that for the rest of the day/evening (good going on getting the girls phone number, though, Dubya. )

3. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

I forgot to mention the puking!

It was like egg nog, wierd and creamy...but I am quite chuffed that my projectile vomitting was pretty accurate as well...

Don't congratulate me until I see her (next Thursday) she might be a Baskerville hound...

4. Cigarettes

Cigarettes New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dubya:
    I forgot to mention the puking!

It was like egg nog, wierd and creamy...but I am quite chuffed that my projectile vomitting was pretty accurate as well...

Don't congratulate me until I see her (next Thursday) she might be a Baskerville hound...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad the only drug I smoke is weed(which I don't smoke that much any way). That and I drink, a lot. I'm 18 and I already have a good tolerace.

The worst pukeing is when you only have a little bit in your stomach. BUT that only happens when you're sick.