my mouse

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by ratatouille, Feb 22, 2004.

1. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

is not working properly dammnit. when i left click sometimes it doesnt work or then it double clicks. i accidentally deleted emails i needed, and windows are opening up that i didnt click on and shit like that. i have one of those Microsoft Optical Wheel mice. can anybody help me?

2. Matthew

Matthew New Member

i had problems like that when i was on a kvm switch, i just had to disconnect that shit, if your not on one, try messing with the mouse settings under the control panel, start, settings, control panel. if not try reinstalling the drivers through device manager, under system in the control panel as well. gl....

3. KaptainSkitzo

KaptainSkitzo New Member

You may also need to take it apart and clean the contacts. Depending on the type, it can be easy...or impossible. If there are a pair of metal touch-pins(they look like small flat(but wide) ski's)...if these are the kind you have, you can clean them by inserting a nail file between the contacts, and with gently pressure, scrape them clean. Then use some rubbing alchohol(70% or better) and a Q-Tip to wipe them off. You may also want to gently bend the top pin up a little. This will give you a little more time between clicks.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Sorry, Kap'n... I have to disagree with you here...

Never use a file to clean contacts. Especially if it's something you want to keep a while. I realize a mouse is somewhat trivial in the whole grand scheme of things, but if you're ever working on something that costs more than a few bucks, use a regular pink pencil eraser to clean contacts - trust me on this one. If you use a file you run the risk of completely removing the metal contact itself, and then you'll have to buy some 'liquid-contact-in-a-pen' to fix it.

But, chances are, you're actually pressing a tiny microswitch attached to the mouse board itself (cube-like metal housing with a round plastic button on the side opposite the soldier side)... In which case, it would be easier to just replace the fucking mouse altogether.

Bottom line - buy a new fucking mouse, Jew.

5. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

aha haha Lomo! i just love you, clown pants and all! yeah, if i can get my ass in gear tomorrow i am buying a new one.:p

6. KaptainSkitzo

KaptainSkitzo New Member

3-4 passes with a fingernail file won't hurt it any.

7. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

i have a microsoft optical wheel mouse, and i dont see how i can take it apart without breaking it. i forgot to get one when i was out today and i am starting to get annoyed because i cant find folders i know are supposed to be there and i am also missing emails. its been secretly deleting things i need. i think its possessed by a satanic Monchichi.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Do you want my tax return to buy a newer used one? :)

9. Matthew

Matthew New Member

are you on a laptop with a builtin mouse by chance? i had one setup like that was causing i/o errors, if so disable the built in mouse before using the external ones. i believe you can do that in the bios, when you reboot the machine it will say something like hit del to setup or f10, something like that, hit it then it will load the bios. go through there, usually in the advanced settings, and look for the built in mouse.

10. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

what a sweetheart! but no, keep it for some black nail polish and lipgloss.

and no, i am not on a laptop, and i dont have a switch. and today my mouse works fine. wtf?

11. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

uhhr.. yeah sorry about that

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

[quote="ratatouille]what a sweetheart! but no, keep it for some black nail polish and lipgloss.

[/quote]

No prob. Just sounded like you could use the money more than I could. Besides, Wet N Wild makes black nail polish for like a buck.

FYI: I prefer chapstick to lipgloss... lipgloss is shiny and gross.

13. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

No prob. Just sounded like you could use the money more than I could. Besides, Wet N Wild makes black nail polish for like a buck.

FYI: I prefer chapstick to lipgloss... lipgloss is shiny and gross.[/quote]
    sounds like you're all set with beauty supplies for a while then.

14. KaptainSkitzo

KaptainSkitzo New Member

FYI: I prefer chapstick to lipgloss... lipgloss is shiny and gross.[/quote]

Wet N Wild is shit.....way too thin, and takes forever to dry....
    I prefer the Revlon 60 second.....and they make a nice black.

15. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

ugh. you bitch. i just went and bought a new mouse.

and FYI, Revlon 60second chips off way too fast and has a matte finish. i stick with L'Oreal. suckers.

16. KaptainSkitzo

KaptainSkitzo New Member

I've never had a problem with the Revlon 60 second...you sure you aren't putting it on too thick?
    About the Loreal....do they make a black polish? I don't recall ever seeing one.

17. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

18. Spooky Action

Spooky Action New Member

Sorry, I couldn't resist..

And is that Dolly???