My living room PC is starting to reach fruition...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Lomotil, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

...recently acquired one of those "XC Cube" boxes... (Model # EZ482)

Essentially, it's a sharp-looking computer case, shaped like a slightly larger gamecube (but longer), with a power supply, motherboard (that supports a 64-bit dual-core socket 939 CPU), built-in HD support via the mobo (with all connections except HDMI), and it even had a SCSI HDD in place (only 80+ gigs, but easily replaced).

It came in the original box (although I know someone started on it, because it's got a HDD installed.) Have not even plugged it in, but I think I have the start of my new emulation PC for the living room. Onboard vid is ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series, with dual monitor support, and it has a enough expansion slots for it to be the backbone of my living room gaming center (1 PCI, 1 PCI-E, 8X AGP, 7.1 audio built-in, etc...)

Now............ to build the thing.

Suggestions?

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

That seems more like a place to dump pictures, etc. I'm looking to create a PC for my HDTV, that will store all my emulated games, possibly some movies, etc. I just want to clear up the clutter around the TV, and don't feel like digging through storage just to hook my NES or Genesis up to the TV and fight all those wires just to play Contra or Gunstar Heroes...

All I need is a decent processor, some RAM, and an optical drive (I think I have a couple DVD-RW's unopened somewhere...)

Suggestions on what hardware to choose?

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I'm on Microcenter's mail list they tend to have some sweet deals on hardware. And isn't there a Frys down there?

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member