Monsters Vs. Aliens

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Fernando, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Fernando

Fernando Member

I won't lie, I laughed at points and the 3D is thrilling. Just after Kung Fu Panda, I don't think anything could have lived up to it. It falls into predictability way too quickly and you'll know how it ends the moment it starts. I am rather disappointed with it actually, I was expecting so much more since I had an orgy of laughter at Kung Fu Panda, and the story was far better in that too. It's like they just needed a filler movie and out came this.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
  2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think they do that periodically. It's like filler songs on an album.

They have a couple of good scripts/ideas, and a handful of turds. They dont want to shoot their wad all at once. So they make one good movie, people see it, love it, cant wait for the next, then they hit you with the turds, you thinkg its going to be good, because they did such a good job with the previous one, so you go, not terribly disappointed, but you chalk that up to how good the previous one was, then they hit you with another turd. This keeps you coming back, this time you are like, 'eh, that was pretty lame'. Then comes the next 'good' movie. and the cycle starts all over again.

How many people saw 'bolt'? I have kids and I didn take them to it. This aliens one is another turd. They will have one hit in the summer time that will get them back in your good graces.

I too liked kung fu panda, I dont really care for jack black, but it was freaking funny.

3. GAS

GAS New Member

They shoulda called it Dreamworks presents- "We're out of ideas at the moment." the movie.